It is common for online multiplayer games to experience bugs and errors that affect server connectivity, and Palworld is no exception. Players who engage in online co-op may encounter various problems when attempting to join friends’ dedicated servers. A significant issue that several players are experiencing on most platforms is the “Palworld No Password Has Been Entered Error”. If you are also encountering this error, this guide can help you resolve it.
Encountering errors while playing a game, particularly when connecting to servers online, can be frustrating. Recently, the Palworld developer Pocketpair released a patch update, 0.1.3.0, which fixes some bugs and introduces new in-game features. However, it appears that players are receiving an error message that says “No password has been entered” even after entering their password. The main concern is that the password is mostly correct, yet the issue of the system not recognizing it persists.
How to Fix Palworld No Password Has Been Entered Error
Do keep in mind that this error message appears whenever players try to join their friends’ dedicated servers in the multiplayer mode even though there is no way to enter the password. Well, if you’re encountering this error then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide. Here we’ve shared with you some workarounds that should come in handy. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Relaunch Palworld
It’s highly recommended to close and relaunch the Palworld game irrespective of the gaming device to refresh the potential glitch or cache data issue in most cases. Though this is a simple step, it can help a lot. So, there is no harm in trying to restart the game.
2. Check the Palworld Server Status
We’re also assuming that somehow the Palworld game servers are going through downtime or outage at the moment you’re trying to join the friends’ dedicated server. As the Palworld game servers are currently limited and running under the early access stage, such kind of issues might appear a lot. You’ll need to visit the official Palworld Server Status webpage to check if there is no issue with the service downtime or outage.
At the time of writing this article, we can see that there is a major outage with Epic Online Service Failure related to Palworld. In case, the server downtime is still troubling you then wait for a couple of hours and try again later. It’s also mentioned to check for the official @Palworld_EN Twitter account for the server-related reports.
3. Use the Community Servers to Join
Another useful method you can try is to bypass the password conflict by joining the community servers. You’ll have to go through its direct IP address to join a dedicated server of Palworld. To do so, check the steps below.
- Launch Palworld > Go to the in-game menu.
- Navigate to Join Multiplayer Game.
- Go to the Community Servers tab.
- Now, select a locked server from the list. (indicates requires a password)
- Once the server asks for the password, type your password.
- Hit OK > Select NO for the answer when prompted.
- Then you can select and enter the IP address of a dedicated server.
- Press Connect to join the dedicated server.
4. Try Resetting the Password
If the dedicated server method didn’t help then make sure to reset the password at your end by following the steps below. To do so:
- Delete the password for the dedicated server.
- Then allow your friends to join without a password.
- Once they successfully join, you can now set a new password.
- Next, add the password to the configuration file.
5. Re-Enter the Password
Several Palworld players have also confirmed that re-entering the password has fixed the issue regarding the ‘No Password Has Been Entered Error’. You might need to follow the steps below to check for the same.
- Delete the entered password from the textbox.
- Then join the dedicated server > Re-enter the password in the textbox.
- If the first attempt didn’t work, try re-entering the password multiple times.
6. Contact Support
In case, you have tried all of the above methods and the error persists then you can reach out to the support team as a last resort. It’s better to Contact Steam Support or Contact Pocketpair to submit the support ticket regarding the no password has been entered error. By doing so, you’ll be able to allow the game developers or Steam Support to investigate the issue further and help you with it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.