Party Animals is a newly launched physics-based party brawler multiplayer video game by Recreate Games and Source Technology that seems too much fun. All the animal characters are cute and cartoonish and look really good. You can get into this game with your friends for chaotic fun. Whether you’re on a PC or Xbox platform, multiple players are experiencing the Party Animals Error Code 10016 while launching the game, which becomes frustrating as a new title.
Unfortunately, this specific error code appears mostly on the Xbox consoles that we can’t deny. It basically prevents players from getting into the gameplay quite often. There are some possible reasons applicable behind this error such as an outdated game version, corrupted game files, server connection timed out, poor internet connectivity, server downtime or outage, temporary system glitch, and more. You’ll need to manually perform workarounds to try fixing it.
- How to Fix Party Animals Error Code 10016
How to Fix Party Animals Error Code 10016
Luckily, here we’ve shared with you a couple of troubleshooting methods that should come in handy. Make sure to follow all workarounds until the problem has been resolved. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart the PC or Xbox Console
Before performing any other workaround, make sure to restart the PC or Xbox console to clear temporary system glitches or cache data issues. Sometimes issues with the system glitch can trouble you a lot.
2. Check the Internet Connection
Make sure to check your internet connection before jumping to any other conclusion because a poor or unstable internet connection can trigger many issues with the game launching or connecting to the game servers online. Try switching your wired (ethernet) connection to Wi-Fi (wireless) or vice versa, and then check for the networking issue again.
You can also increase the internet speed by upgrading your data plan (if required) or contacting your service provider to assign a new IP address.
3. Check the Xbox Live Service Status
Another thing you can do is to visit the Xbox Live Status webpage to ensure whether there is any service down or not. If the service outage is there with Xbox Live then you may face server connectivity issues whatsoever. In that case, you’ll need to wait for a couple of hours, and then check again. At the time of writing this article, there is no service outage or limited activity found on Xbox Live Status.
4. Update Party Animals
Sometimes an outdated game version can also bring multiple bugs or issues like server connectivity errors or queue issues. It’s better to update your Party Animals game by following the steps below. If an update is available, then install the latest patch. To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Party Animals from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- The process may take some time. So, wait for it.
- Once done, close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC, and try launching the game again.
- Go to the My Games and Apps section of your Dashboard menu.
- Select Manage > Go to Updates.
- If the Party Animals game update is available, select it.
- Press the A button on the controller to start it.
Please Note: It’s worth recommending going to the Settings page > Choose Systems > Select Updates to update your game automatically whenever the console is connected to the internet.
5. Verify and Repair the Game Files
In case, there is an issue with the installed game files on the directory and somehow it gets corrupted or missing then repairing the game files will be useful. Thankfully, most of the game clients do the job for you in an easy way.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Party Animals from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
6. Clear Console Cache
You should also clear the cache of the console by following the steps below to easily fix performance-related issues.
- Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller to open the Power menu.
- Select Restart console > Choose Restart.
- Check if the error persists or not.
7. Check the Party Animals Server Status
It’s always a better idea to follow the official @party_animals Twitter account to get all the latest updates and info regarding game issues or server downtime. You can also join the Party Animals Discord Server to get notified of events.
Dear players, we have expanded the server capacity. If your queue is longer than 10 mins, it is best to restart the game to enter a much faster queue.
Besides, some players did not receive the Preorder, Deluxe and Demo rewards. This is likely caused by the same issue. Restarting…
— Party Animals (@party_animals) September 20, 2023
So, make sure to follow this before getting to any other conclusion. If there is an issue with the server, just wait for a couple of hours and then try again.
8. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
Sometimes only rebooting the game or device or switching the internet connection may not be useful because there might be an issue with the Wi-Fi router. In that scenario, performing the power cycle on your Wi-Fi router can also fix the internet connectivity-related issues completely. To do that:
- Turn off the router first > Once the LED indicators stop, unplug the power cable from the router.
- Now, wait for around 30 seconds, and then plug back the power cable into the router.
- Turn on the router and check for the error again.
9. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game
If none of the above methods did come in handy then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the game on the PC or Xbox console to check for the issue again. Though reinstalling the game isn’t a good idea, there is nothing to do at your end.
- Open the Start menu > Search for Control Panel and open it.
- Click on Uninstall a program > Search for Party Animals game.
- Now, click on the game > Select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Next, open the Steam client, and reinstall the Party Animals game again.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu.
- Select My Games & Apps > Hit See All > Choose Games.
- Then select the Ready to Install tab > Select Queue.
- Select the Party Animals game that you’re trying to reinstall.
- Now, press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Manage Game & add-ons or Manage App.
- Choose Party Animals > Select Uninstall All.
- Make sure to select Uninstall All to confirm the task.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
- Reboot the system to apply changes.
- Next, press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu again.
- Hit My Games & Apps > Select See All > Go to Games.
- Select the Ready to Install tab > Hit Install for Party Animals.
- Wait for the installation process and then restart the console.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.