Last year in November, Oppo’s sub-brand Realme has released another entry-level budget category smartphone called Realme 5s that was running on Android 9.0 Pie at the time of launching. Luckily, the Realme 5s users are receiving the official Android 10 update over Realme UI 1.0 at the beginning of June. Now, the users are asking whether the Realme 5s will get the Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) Update or not. If you’re also looking for this topic, then you can check out this article.
For your info, the latest Android 11 Public Beta version has been released officially by Google this month and it’s been rolling out to the Pixel lineup devices except for the 1st-gen models. Meanwhile, some other OEMs like OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, Realme are working hard to push the beta testing program for its eligible devices as well until the stable version releases.
No doubt, Realme is going to roll-out the upcoming Realme UI 2.0 update based on Android 11 to its couple of devices. However, there is no exact timeline or release date mentioned yet by the company officially. So, we will gonna discuss with you some of the useful information that will gonna help you to understand what we know so far and what we can expect from Realme in the upcoming months after releasing the Android 11 official stable version.
Table of Contents
What’s on Android 11?
The next version of Google’s Android software, Android 11, is going to be released by the end of the year. Given pandemic related concerns, Google eschewed the splash unveiling at a developer event and easily released a public beta on Wednesday, June 10.
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, it helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature that will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in Realme UI 2.0?
Realme UI 2.0 is an upcoming custom skin version (stock ROM) for the Realme devices that will run on Android 11 OS and includes all the native Android 11 features as well. As it’s a successor version of the Realme UI (ColorOS 7), we will gonna receive a much-improved version in all aspects this time. Realme India CMO Francis Wang has confirmed that the Realme UI 2.0 is under development process and the OEM is working hard on it to bring more & more features.
Though Android 10 was released almost nine months ago, there are a couple of OEMs still trying to push the Android 10 Beta and stable update within the mentioned timeframe for its eligible devices. Meantime, the Android 11 Beta has been released recently by Google and available for Pixel 2nd-gen or later models officially. While some other brands like Xiaomi, Realme, Realme, OnePlus are expecting to push the Android 11 based early beta program for its eligible models very soon. Similarly, Realme has announced the beta recruitment program for the Realme X2 Pro recently.
Realme 5s: Overview
The Realme 5s has a 6.5-inches 720×1600 pixels, a 20:9 aspect ratio screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3+ protection, SDM665 SoC, Adreno 610 GPU, 4GB RAM, 64GB/128GB of onboard storage with a dedicated microSD card slot. Currently, the device runs on Android 10 over Realme UI 1.0 version.
It packs a quad rear camera setup of a 48MP (wide, f/1.8) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + a 2MP (macro, f/2.4) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, an LED flash, etc. While the front packs a 13MP (wide, f/2.0) selfie camera with HDR, Panorama, AI modes, etc.
The device sports a 3.5mm audio jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, FM Radio, MicroUSB 2.0, a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an ambient light, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor, etc.
Will Realme 5s Receive the Android 11 Update?
Realme is quite active in terms of providing the software update to its eligible devices within the given timeframe which is a good thing for the users. After releasing the Android 11 beta update, the interested users are looking for the release date or announcement. As of now, only the Realme X50 Pro users are rejoicing as the company has mentioned about the Realme UI 2.0 update for this particular model very soon.
While there is no other information available yet for the rest of the Realme models including the Realme 5s. You may have to wait for a couple of months or so in order to get any official announcement about the Realme UI 2.0 beta testing or stable release timeline, etc. One thing is for sure that Realme devices are capable to receive two major Android updates and Realme 5s has already received one Android update. That means there is another major Android update that is pending and will arrive pretty soon.
Keep checking this article and bookmark it for all the latest updates of Realme 5s Realme UI 2.