Updated on March 15, 2021: Finally, Realme started recruiting the Realme 7i beta testers for their Realme UI 2.0 in India. To be a part of the early access program, you need to make sure you are running the RMX2103PU_11.A.37. You can follow this guide below to apply for the Early Access program. Open your Settings -> Software update -> Tap on the settings icon in the top right corner and click trial version and tap on apply now. You have to submit your details and finish the quiz.
Realme is never shy of launching new phones every month, especially in the budget segment. A new addition to the affordable number series of Realme is the Realme 7i. It was recently launched on the 17th of September 2020. And for those who are planning to buy an affordable phone, the Realme 7i could be the right choice for many. Though the handset is quite new in the market, some of the users are eager to know about the Realme 7i Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) Update so, let’s check out the tracker details here.
Realme CEO Madhav Seth has recently mentioned that they will release the Realme UI 2.0 update roadmap for its eligible devices after the release of the Android 11 official stable version. However, at the time of writing this article, the company hasn’t announced anything yet officially. So, we may have to wait further to get to know which devices will gonna receive the latest version of Realme UI.
Meanwhile, it’s also worth mentioning that some of the Realme X50 Pro device users are currently getting the latest Realme UI 2.0 beta update based on Android 11 via OTA. Whereas the rest of the eligible devices will soon start receiving the same once the roadmap releases. However, if in case, you’re not interested to wait further, you can always flash the Android 11 GSI build manually on your handset in order to start using the Android 11 (R).
Realme 7i Specifications:
The Realme 7i comes with a 6.50 inch IPS LCD 90Hz display with a 720×1600(HD+) resolution. It is a left punch hole full-screen display with an aspect ratio of 20:9. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 along with RAM of up to 8GB. Yes, it is not the best or top of the line processor, but it offers excellent value for the price, and together with the Adreno 610 GPU, it handles most tasks and games easily.
On the rear side of the device, we get a quad-camera setup consisting of a 64MP primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, an 8MP ultrawide camera with f/2.3 2MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture, and a 2 MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture. At the front of the punch hole, we get a 16MP camera with an f/2.1 aperture. In terms of battery, we get a huge 5,000 mAh battery with support for proprietary fast charging. The phone comes with 128GB of internal storage and support for microSD expansion via a dedicated slot. We get all the basics in terms of connectivity, that is, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth v5.0, Type-C, 3G, and 4G along with all the necessary sensors, which include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor.
The phone comes with Android 10, and it is available in two color variants: using Green and Fusion Blue. The Realme 7i starts at just 11,999 INR. The USP of this device is the low price and the high refresh rate. It is not common to have a budget device so cheap using a panel that runs on 90Hz. For people looking for a budget device with a high refresh rate, the Realme 7i is an obvious choice.
What’s on Android 11?
Android 11 is the 11th-iteration of Android OS and the most latest, the stable operating system for Android devices. Currently, the Android 11 (R) official stable version is only available for the 2nd-gen Pixel devices or higher to easily download and update it. Meanwhile, the beta build is officially available for a couple of non-Pixel Android devices like OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo, Realme, etc brands.
To recall, the Android 11 stable version got live on September 8, 2020, by Google just like every year. It not only improves the overall system stability but also offers other system improvements as well including plenty of visual changes in the UI elements. Let’s take a quick look below at some of the popular and useful features of Android 11 and then we will head over to the Realme 7i Android 11 update details below.
Android 11 Features
- Prioritize your conversations in the notifications panel.
- Chat Bubbles can be used just like Facebook Messenger for any text messaging or chat messaging applications easily.
- Improved Voice Controls and access based on the texts or context.
- One-time App Permissions allows users to give access individually for each feature.
- Android 11 can easily auto-reset the granted app permissions on the device if not being used for a long time by the user (revoking access).
- Users can choose the Silent or Alerting system apart from the Conversation Notifications.
- Due to the Project Mainline support, Google now can easily and seamlessly push all the major security patch updates to the Android 11 running devices via the Google Play Store.
- The all-new redesigned Power Menu can be accessed by long-pressing the Power button on the Android 11 OS running device to not only get Restart, Power Off, Emergency options, but also the Google Pay feature, Smart Home devices option, etc.
- You can now also check back all the incoming notification history on your device within the 24 hours timeframe.
- The redesigned Media Player interface and control are more improved and slightly replaced by its situation on the notification panel along with the changing functionality of the connected device as well as volume.
- A much-awaited in-built screen recorder option can be found on the shortcut toggle area of the notification panel.
- Scheduled Dark Mode is another useful feature for most of the dark theme users with the option to set a time to turn on/off the dark theme automatically.
- Now, users can pin their favorite apps manually in the share sheet option which wasn’t available on the previous generation of Android OS.
- With the improved wireless Android Auto feature, now all the Android 11 running smartphones can use the head unit of the car easily and wirelessly. Previously this feature was only applicable to Pixel device users.
- Bluetooth will now work on all the Android 11 running devices even after enabling the Airplane Mode. As we all know that it still isn’t possible on Android 10 or previous generation Android OS running devices.
- Smart Reply and Smart Folders feature are also very useful to most of the Android 11 users which will intelligently suggest some of the recommended ideas to input.
Realme UI 2.0 – Overview and Features
Realme UI 2.0 is the latest stock UI for the Realme devices which is based on Android 11. Realme promised that they will release the update roadmap to its eligible devices once Google releases the Android 11 OS stable version. So, as the Android 11 stable version has been released recently, we will expect that the Realme will come soon with the roadmap announcement.
The Realme UI is based on ColorOS 7 and runs on Android 10 while the Realme UI 2.0 is based on Android 11 and currently, available for some of the Realme X50 Pro units with the Android 11 Preview.
Realme 7i Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) Update Tracker
Updated on January 28, 2021: Realme rolled the January 2021 security patch for the Realme 7i in India with software version RMX2103PU_11_A.25. The update is still based on Android 10.
Updated on January 02, 2021: Today Realme rolled the December 2020 security patch for the device with build number RMX2103PU_11.A.35. The update is still based on Android 10.
According to Realme officials, the company mostly provides two major Android OS updates to all of its devices from the date of launching. Therefore, as the Realme 7i handset runs on Android 10, it will surely get a stable Android 11 update over Realme UI 2.0 skin.
However, Realme is yet to announce the Realme UI 2.0 update roadmap officially. Therefore, we have to wait for a couple of days or weeks. We will keep updating all the latest info. Till then stay tuned for more details.