Since 2006, Roblox becomes an online gaming platform and game creation system that has been developed by Roblox Corporation. It allows users to develop games and play games by other users which seems rapidly improving. But just like any other video game, Roblox can also lag and stutter on your Windows PC which we can’t deny. So, if you’re also facing the same kind of issue then make sure to check how to reduce lag and boost FPS in Roblox on PC, iPhone, and Android.
It looks like the lag or stutter in Roblox can get high significantly during the gameplay sessions and the frame rate count can go down immensely. Talking about the in-game lag or freezes in Roblox, it might happen due to the low-end or incompatible hardware that doesn’t meet the system requirements of the Roblox game. Whereas any kind of in-game bug, an outdated graphics driver, an outdated game version, and so on. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
- How to Reduce Lag and Boost FPS in Roblox on PC, iPhone, and Android
- 1. Check the Frame Rate
- 2. Run Roblox as Administrator
- 3. Free Up Storage Space
- 4. Update Graphics Drivers
- 5. Update Roblox
- 6. Try Changing the Graphics Quality
- 7. Use High-Performance Graphics Preference
- 8. Change Power Plan to High Performance
- 9. Disable Visual Effects on Windows
- 10. Check for Internet Connection
- 11. Update the System Firmware
- 12. Close Unnecessary Programs
- 13. Turn On Game Mode
- 14. Clear Cache and Data
How to Reduce Lag and Boost FPS in Roblox on PC, iPhone, and Android
Fortunately, there are a couple of possible workarounds mentioned below that should come in handy. Make sure to follow all methods one by one until the problem gets fixed.
1. Check the Frame Rate
First of all, you should check out the frame rate to ensure there is no low frame rate count appearing in Roblox. To do so, you can press the Shift + F5 keys to show the in-game FPS counter. If the FPS count is low actually for all the time then your in-game graphics settings should be reduced or try upgrading the hardware. For laptop users, press the Shift + Fn + F5 key to show the in-game FPS counter.
2. Run Roblox as Administrator
It looks like running Roblox as an administrator on the PC can be useful to grant user account control regarding privilege. You can follow the steps below to run this game as an admin.
- Right-click on Roblox application on your PC.
- Select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
3. Free Up Storage Space
Try to free up some storage space on your respective computer or mobile device to make sure there is no glitch occurring while launching Roblox. Low storage space can be hard to run the game or program.
4. Update Graphics Drivers
You should try checking for the graphics driver update on your Windows PC and installing the latest version to ensure no update is pending. An outdated or missing graphics driver can trigger issues with properly functioning graphics-intensive programs. To do that:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on Display Adapters to expand it.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you use.
- Next, click on Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- The system will automatically check for the available update.
- If an update is available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to restart your PC to apply the changes.
If you can’t find any pending updates then just head over to the official website of Nvidia website below and search manually for the latest update. If a new version is available for the graphics card, just download the driver and install it on your PC. You can jump to the link below to do so:
5. Update Roblox
You can also try updating Roblox on your respective gaming device to ensure there is no issue with the game application. An outdated game application can be pretty much frustrating to occur bugs and stability issues.
Update Roblox Player:
- Launch any web browser on your Windows computer.
- Then go to Roblox’s official website > Log into your account.
- Now, open the experience page from the homepage.
- Use the Play button to open the experience.
- Your web browser will now try to launch Roblox.
- Next, click on the Open Roblox button when prompted.
- Finally, Roblox will automatically launch and update itself.
- Wait for the update to complete and then check if the problem has been fixed or not.
Update Roblox from Microsoft Store:
- Open Microsoft Store from the Start Menu.
- Now, search for Roblox in the Microsoft Store.
- Click on the Update button next to Roblox.
- It might take some time to finish the update.
- Once done, run Roblox to check for the issue.
- Open the Google Play Store app > Tap on the hamburger menu icon.
- Next, tap on My Apps & Games > Check if the Roblox update is available or not. [Google Play Store Link]
- If so, just tap on the Update button next to the app and wait for it to install.
- Once done, make sure to open the Roblox game, and check for the issue. [You can also restart your handset to refresh the system and app data]
- Open the Apple App Store on the iPhone.
- Now, tap on the Profile Picture icon from the top-right corner.
- Scroll down a bit to see which apps are available for update.
- Check whether the Roblox game update is on the list or not. [App Store Link]
- If the app is there, then make sure to tap on the Update button.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Finally, launch the BGMI game, and check for the issue.
6. Try Changing the Graphics Quality
Sometimes lowering the graphics quality in Roblox can be much easier for most players to reduce lag and improve FPS. Though reducing the graphics quality will degrade the visual significance, it’ll surely improve the performance. To do so:
- Launch Roblox > Click on the Roblox icon in the top-left corner.
- Go to Settings > Change the Graphics Mode to Manual.
- Then reduce the Graphics Quality to check for the issue.
7. Use High-Performance Graphics Preference
Make sure to enable the high-performance mode on your Windows computer to check if the system runs the hardcore applications smoothly or not.
- Right-click on the desktop > Select Display Settings.
- In the Display Settings menu then click on Graphic Settings.
- Locate Roblox in the list below > Click on the Browse button.
- Then navigate to the Roblox icon.
- Click on Roblox and then click on Options.
- Select High Performance.
- Click on the Save button to apply your changes.
8. Change Power Plan to High Performance
It’s better to set the high-performance power option on your computer before playing games to get the full potential of the system because Windows prefers to run in the default balanced power mode to save power and offer medium performance for your daily task. But the heavy games or applications do require high-performance mode which will consume extra power but offers stunning performance. To do that:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type control panel and open it.
- Click on Hardware and Sound > Select Power Options.
- Select High Performance and you’re done.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes.
9. Disable Visual Effects on Windows
Windows Visual Effects basically allows users to easily customize the appearance of the display device. Turning On Visual Effects on the Windows system can improve the visual quality but puts some pressure on the hardware which eventually degrades the in-game performance. So, you should disable visual effects on Windows by following the steps below.
- Open the Start menu > Type Adjust the appearance in Windows Search.
- Click on Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
- Then go to the Performance Options window, and select Adjust for best performance.
- It might fix the FPS or lagging issue with Roblox.
10. Check for Internet Connection
It’s also worth suggesting to check out the internet connection properly at your end before going to any other conclusion because a poor or unstable network can trigger such issues a lot. If in case, you’re using a wired (ethernet) connection, then you can switch to Wi-Fi or vice versa to ensure there is no issue with the specific networking connectivity. If you’re using mobile data then use Wi-Fi to check the issue.
11. Update the System Firmware
Make sure to update the software version on your PC or mobile device to reduce several issues and compatibility issues with third-party apps. An outdated device software can cause Roblox to lag and reduce FPS. To do so:
For Android or iOS:
- Go to the Settings menu on the device.
- Go to the Software Update option.
- Tap on Check for Updates.
- If there is an update available, make sure to install the update.
- Once done, reboot the device, and check for the issue again.
An outdated Windows OS version or build number can eventually trigger performance issues, program crashes, device driver connectivity issues, and so on. Just like updating the game, it’s also always recommended to update the system software to the latest version. To do so:
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Select Check for updates under Windows Update.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and Install.
- Wait for a while to complete the software update process.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
12. Close Unnecessary Programs
Another thing you can do is simply close unnecessary background tasks on your PC to ensure there is no additional consumption of system resources happening in the background whatsoever. To clear out background tasks:
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task.
- Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Once done, restart your PC to change the effects immediately.
13. Turn On Game Mode
The Game Mode basically optimizes the device or system to run the game smoothly and turns things off in the background to allocate more system resources.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming from the left pane.
- Click on Game Mode > Turn On the Game Mode option.
Most of the Android smartphone OEMs do provide the Game Mode feature so that users can turn it on and gets better gaming performance. It also blocks background downloads, incoming emails & messages, and more.
Note: iPhone or iPad doesn’t have any specific Game Mode option. So, there is actually no need to use Game Mode as a feature on iPhone/iPad because iOS/iPadOS is already optimized with the hardware.
14. Clear Cache and Data
If in case, you’re trying to play Roblox on your Android device then try clearing the app cache data and the storage data from the settings menu of the game application to refresh glitches. Sometimes outdated or corrupted app cache data can also cause several issues whatsoever.
Note: There is no option to do this on iPhone. Only a simple restart will do the job.
- Go to the device Settings menu > Head over to Apps & Notifications.
- Now, tap on See All Apps > Tap on Roblox under the App info section.
- Open the app info page > Tap on Storage & Cache.
- Next, tap on Clear Cache > Once done, tap on Storage & Cache.
- Then tap on Clear Storage.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.