In this guide, we will show you the steps to set any song of your choice as an iPhone ringtone, but without using an iTunes or PC. Apple is known to provide a rather restricted OS. On one hand, it translates to a more secure working environment, but on the flip side, it makes even the easiest of tasks requiring quite a few efforts.
If you own an iPhone, you might very well be aware of how challenging is it to set a custom ringtone, especially when compared with its Android counterpart. With that said, there’s always a workaround to make things much easier. And same is the case this time as well. Given here are the detailed instructions to set any song as an iPhone ringtone without iTunes or PC.
How to Set Any Song as iPhone Ringtone without iTunes or PC
Before starting off with the steps, there are a couple of prerequisites that you need to checkmark. First off, you will have to download the desired ringtone of your choice locally onto your iPhone. Apart from that, you also need to install the GarageBand app onto your device from the App Store. Once both these requirements are met, proceed with the below instructions.
Load Track to the App
- To begin with, launch the GarageBand app on your device.
- Now go to the Tracks tab and select the instrument of your choice.
- After this, tap on the hamburger icon situated at the top left.
- Then tap on the circular loop icon present at the top right.
- Go to the Files section, tap on the “Browse items from the Files app” option.
- Browse to the downloaded tone and select it. The tone will now be loaded to the app. So again go to the Files tab and select this song to set it as your iPhone ringtone.
- Once imported, you may also carry out additional editing capabilities.
- In this regard, it is recommended to trim the clip to 30 seconds or less as that is the maximum time limit for any ringtone in iPhone.
- So long-press that tone, select the Split option, and cut it accordingly.
- Or you may also select the unwanted portion of the clip and hit the Delete option.
- Once you are done with editing the song, hit the Play button to listen to it once before setting it as your iPhone ringtone.
Set the Song as iPhone Ringtone
- If everything is well and good, tap on the Download button situated at the top left and select Share from the drop-down menu.
- Now select Ringtone and hit Continue in the pop-up dialog box.
- Give it the name of your choice and hit the Export button.
- Finally, select “Use sound as” > Standard Ringtone. However, if you don’t wish to change the tone now, then tap on Done.
- Then as and when the need for the change arises, go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Select the created tone.
So this is all from this guide to set any song as an iPhone ringtone without iTunes or PC. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that deserve your attention.