Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is a newly launched action-adventure title that has been grown under the comic book superheroes. It’s been more than a week right now and the Spider-Man 2 is having plenty of bugs or issues that we can’t deny. Though the overall gaming experience and visuals are quite improved, multiple graphical glitches are troubling a lot of players on the PlayStation 5 platform. It seems there is some lack of optimizations and Marvel’s Spider Man 2 Black Screen Issue on PS5 becomes frustrating.
Insomniac Games will need more time to fix the common bugs or glitches. Some of the bugs are quite ridiculous to appear in the game but nothing to do at the player’s end. As per multiple reports, the black screen issue on Marvel’s Spider Man 2 game might trouble you a lot. If you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue then don’t worry. The chances are high that somehow Spider-Man 2 is having some conflicts with the outdated patch, corrupted game files, issues with the HDMI or display resolution, and more.
- Fix Marvel’s Spider Man 2 Black Screen Issue on PS5
Fix Marvel’s Spider Man 2 Black Screen Issue on PS5
Luckily, here we’ve shared with you a couple of potential workarounds that should come in handy. Make sure to follow all troubleshooting methods until the problem has been fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart Your PS5
First of all, you should restart your PS5 console to refresh any kind of temporary glitch or cache data issue from the system. Sometimes a normal reboot of the system might help in eliminating bugs or graphical glitches.
- Press the PS button on your PS5 controller.
- Select the Power icon from the menu.
- Choose Restart PS5 > Wait for the system to reboot.
- Make sure not to unplug the power cable from your console.
2. Check the HDMI Cable Connection
The second thing you can check the HDMI cable connection to find any potential faults with the connectivity. You can also try using a different HDMI cable to check for the issue further. Also, ensure to use the correct port to avoid mistakes.
3. Confirm the Display Source (Input)
Make sure to confirm the display source (input) on the TV/display device properly because a small mistake can cause black screen issues. Using the correct input source to display the PS5 content on a display device is necessary.
4. Update Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
You should check for Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 updates by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the outdated game version. Even though the installed program automatically updates to the latest version whenever the console is connected to the internet, sometimes it may not complete updates. So, manually updating should come in handy.
- Head over to the PlayStation home screen.
- Head over to Games > Select Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 game.
- Press the Options button on the controller.
- Select Check for Update.
- If there is an update available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Wait for the update to complete and then reboot the console.
- You can also try to manage saved data, game data, and add-ons respectively.
5. Adjust Display Resolution on PS5
Try adjusting the display resolution on your PS5 to get better video output settings. You can also lower the display resolution as per your preference.
- Go to Settings from the PlayStation Home Screen.
- Choose Screen and Video > Select Video Output.
- Adjust the Display Resolution Settings.
- Make sure to set the native display resolution with @60FPS.
6. Check for System Software Updates
It’s always recommended to check for system software updates manually by following the steps below. An outdated system version can conflict with bugs, stability, and program running. With the latest system software update, you’ll get better performance & fewer issues with the programs.
- From the home screen, go to Settings.
- Go to System > Select System Software from the left menu.
- Choose System Software Update and Settings.
- Select Update Using Internet.
- You’ll need to wait for the PS5 system to check for available updates.
- If an update is available, it’ll automatically download & install it.
7. Try Using Another Display Device
If the particular issue persists then try to use another display device (TV) to check if you’re facing the same issue again & again. In case, the issue is fixed with another display device that means your previous TV/Monitor has some issues with the HDMI port or screen panel. Make sure to disconnect and reconnect the display cable properly to your PS5 to confirm.
8. Clear Cache and Rebuild Database
Rebuilding the database on PS5 will allow the system to find out potential issues related to the storage drive that might conflict with the games and cause crashes.
- Press and hold the Power button until you hear the second beep.
- This will boot your PS5 in Safe Mode.
- Connect the PS5 DualSense controller to a USB cable.
- Press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- It may take a moment to display Safe Mode options.
- Select Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.
- Choose Rebuild Database.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Finally, your PS5 will boot back to the normal mode again.
9. Reinstall Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
If none of the workarounds come in handy then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 game on your PS5 console by following the steps below.
- Go to the PlayStation home menu.
- Select Game Library > Go to the Installed tab.
- Select Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.
- Press the Options button on the PS5 controller.
- Select Delete > Select OK to uninstall it.
- Once done, restart your PS5 console.
You can finally reinstall the game that you’ve purchased digitally without having to purchase them again. You can check the progress of your download by heading to your Downloads/Uploads section.
- Go to the PS5 home screen > Go to Game Library.
- Select the Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 game that you want to reinstall.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Hit Download > Wait for the game to download.
- You can check the progress of your download by heading to your Downloads/Uploads section.
- Once downloaded, you can open the game.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.