Virgin Media is one of the superfast fibre broadband, TV, landline & mobile services that literally serves the United Kingdom region. Though the Virgin Media Box is popular enough among UK users, the chances are high that some users might encounter several issues with the media streaming or server connectivity. Meanwhile, plenty of users are reporting that the Virgin Media Box Not Showing on TV for some unexpected reasons that we can’t deny at all.
If in case, your Virgin TV service somehow stops working, don’t worry. It’s quite a common issue in general. There are some reasons applicable behind such an issue that’s related to the TV Box or the broadband service. Sometimes conflicts with the Virgin Media services or account-related problems with the TV might also trouble you a lot. Mostly a normal reboot of the media box can fix multiple issues or glitches but that might not also come in handy due to some other reasons.
- Fix: Virgin Media Box Not Showing on TV
- 1. Restart the Virgin Media TV Box
- 2. Power Cycle the Virgin Media Box
- 3. Check for Virgin Media Service Status
- 4. Cross-Check the HDMI Cable
- 5. Check the Ambient Light Status
- 6. Ensure the Internet Connection Active
- 7. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
- 8. Check the Account Issues
- 9. Try Changing the TV Input Mode
- 10. Contact Virgin Media Support
Fix: Virgin Media Box Not Showing on TV
It looks like that conflicts with the Virgin account issues, problems with the Home TV, connectivity with HDMI cables & other wires, Router/Hub issues, broadband outages, media box issues, and more. We’ll highly recommend you follow all workarounds below that should help in resolving this issue. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart the Virgin Media TV Box
Restarting the Virgin Media TV Box usually works out in most cases. But if you haven’t tried this method yet then make sure to reboot the media box and connect to the network to check for the issue again.
- Turn Off the TV box at the wall socket.
- Next, check if all the cables are connected properly to the TV box and your TV.
- Make sure the power button on the TV box is switched to 1 or on.
- If in case, the TV box feels warm then make sure to cool it down completely.
- Then make sure the ventilation is working properly in the space.
- Once done, Power On the TV Box and let it open.
2. Power Cycle the Virgin Media Box
Often performing a power cycle method to the Virgin Media Box did come in handy a lot. To do so: Power Off the Media box and unplug the cable from the wall socket. Make sure to wait for a couple of minutes and then plug back the power cable into the box. Next, cross-check if the wires are properly plugged in or not. Now, turn on the Virgin Media Box and run it.
3. Check for Virgin Media Service Status
There could be a known issue or service outage for a while in your specific area or pin code rather than a fault with the TV box. So, you should always cross-check your Virgin Media Service Status here to ensure there is no issue with the ongoing services. If in case, there is an issue with the service, make sure to wait for a couple of hours more and try again later.
4. Cross-Check the HDMI Cable
It’s also worth mentioning to cross-check the HDMI cable on the TV and Virgin Media Box to ensure the connectivity is proper or not.
- Switch Off both the TV and the Virgin Media Box.
- Now, check HDMI cables to both box and TV are properly connected.
- Make sure to cross-check whether the wires connect the box to the Wi-Fi router.
- Then you should Switch On the Power for both and check if it’s working or not.
5. Check the Ambient Light Status
Another thing you can do is check out the ambient light status on the Virgin Media Box by following the steps below.
- Make sure to reboot the Virgin Media Box.
- You’ll be able to see the signals on the box.
- A white light status will signal that your box is ready to use.
- If in case, the amber light in the box appears that means there is a fault with the service.
6. Ensure the Internet Connection Active
Make sure to check your internet connection before jumping to any other conclusion because a poor or unstable internet connection can simply trigger many issues with the game launching or connecting to the game servers online. Try switching your wired (ethernet) connection to Wi-Fi (wireless) or vice versa, and then check for the networking issue again. You can also increase the internet speed by upgrading your data plan (if required) or contacting your service provider to assign a new IP address.
7. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
We’ll also recommend you perform a power cycle to your Wi-Fi router by following the steps below to easily clear networking glitches or temporary cache issues.
- Just Power Off the Wi-Fi router.
- Once the LED indicator stops blinking, unplug the power cable from the power source.
- Now, wait for around 30 seconds, and then plug back the power cable in.
- Then Power On the router and check for the issue again.
8. Check the Account Issues
Sometimes Virgin Media account-related problems can also occur in several conflicts with the service if the plan validity has expired or the account ID is deactivated, etc. You should visit the Virgin Media webpage and sign into the account section to check if there is an issue or notification regarding the same. Otherwise, you can ask for a chat or call support to re-activate or renew the account.
9. Try Changing the TV Input Mode
You should also try changing the TV Input Mode manually on your television to ensure there is no issue with the input status. Sometimes pressing the input mode button on the Tv’s remote control can also trouble a lot in terms of accessing the media set-top box by mistake. So, changing the input mode to the correct HDMI input will allow you to gain access to the Virgin Media Box service again.
10. Contact Virgin Media Support
If none of the workarounds did come in handy then make sure to contact Virgin Media Support to submit the complaint with necessary details. Once submitted, you’ll be able to track the complaint status accordingly. It’ll help you in fixing the Virgin Media Box not showing on TV issue by some recommendations or the support staff will escalate this issue further.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.