Basically, Windows Registry is a hierarchical database that has all the settings and configurations used by different services, components, and almost everything in your Windows PC. However, the registry has two options for you, or we say work on two basic components, i.e., Keys and Values. Keys are known as objects like folders. At the same time, Values are the files that are placed inside the folder.
However, sometimes we knowing unknowingly tweak some changes that negatively impacted our Windows PC performance. That’s why we never recommend you to edit your Windows registry, as this may cause some severe issues. Still, I find some who tweak some changes without knowing the impact of that change. Moreover, some of them are now facing some serious problems like Windows Registry backup Regback folder is empty/0KB issue.
So, what do you think is this fixable? Of course, this error could be easily reverted by changing the Values that you have changed before to their default value. Meanwhile, if you don’t know how to do that, don’t worry! We have a solution, but to know that just read the guide till the end.
How To Fix Windows Registry Backup RegBack Folder is Empty/0KB
Look, you have to follow some complex steps, so I suggest you take help from someone who has the knowledge of this. Otherwise, it may be possible unless fixing you get another error.
- Press the Windows + R key using your keyboard to invoke the Run dialog box.
- Now, type Regedit in the text field and press the enter button on your keyboard.
- After that, copy the location as given below and paste it into the file explorer address bar.
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM|CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Configuration Manager.
- Now, locate the configuration manager folder and right-click on it. After that, select the New option followed by the DWORD (32-bit) value.
- After that, you need to right-click on the registry that you have just created and choose the Rename option from the drop-down menu. Then, name it as EnablePeriodicBackup.
- Simply double click on the renamed file, type a value one inside the Value data box, and hit the enter key on your keyboard.
- Then, reboot your PC and immediately after your PC boots up, go to the Regback folder, or for your convenience, copy and paste the following location on your address bar:
- Now, you’ll notice that you are now able to access all the five registry files, i.e., Default, Sam, Security, System, and Software. Now, you can restore them or carry other some other task as per your need.
So, these are complex but easy steps you need to perform to fix the Registry Backup Regback folder are empty or 0KB issue on your Windows PC. Meanwhile, if you’ve noticed that the 0KB file size for each of the files mentioned above, then you need to perform a few more steps to fix them out. So, let’s take a look at the steps.
How To Fix 0KB RegBack Registry Editor Files
- First of all, search for Task Scheduler on your Windows search bar and open it.
- Then, follow the given path:
Task Scheduler < Library < Windows < Registry
- Now, under Registry folder, you’ll see the Registry backup file named as RegIdleBackup.
- Then, simply right-click on it and choose the Run option.
- That’s it. Now, its status changes to Running, and it will take backup of all your five core registry files, i.e., System, Default, Sam, Security, and Software.
- So, wait for a while until it gets finished. Then, you can see it replaces the 0KB files. You can verify this from the RegBack folder.
Also Read: How to Safely Clean Windows 10 registry
That’s it. Now, you have successfully resolved the error mentioned above on your Windows PC.
So, all we have for you on fixing the Windows Registry backup Regback folder is the empty/0KB issue. We hope this guide helped you. But, yeah! You may have some doubts in your mind. You can ask us in the comment section our team will surely help you out.