Visual Concepts and 2K Games have come up with a professional wrestling video game called ‘WWE 2K22’ as a twenty-second overall installment of the WWE series. To recall, it’s a successor to 2019’s WWE 2K20 game and offers plenty of new features with stunning visuals whatsoever. However, some players are reporting about the WWE 2K22 Multiplayer Mode Not Working issue while connecting the game online. Well, it’s quite frustrating for affected players.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue then you can follow this troubleshooting guide completely to fix it. As per multiple reports online, the chances are high that somehow you’re facing the unable to communicate with the server at this time error while trying to get into the multiplayer mode. This is quite a common issue among multiplayer online video games for several reasons it can happen at your end that can be fixed manually.
Fix: WWE 2K22 Multiplayer Mode Not Working
Talking about the multiplayer not working issue or can’t join the server online issue may happen at your end due to the poor internet connectivity, issues with the game server backend, temporary glitches with the gaming device, issues with the installed game files, DNS cache-related conflicts, and more. As we’re now aware of the possible reasons behind such an issue, it’s recommended to follow all the troubleshooting methods below until it gets fixed.
1. Restart the Game
The first thing you should do is simply restart the WWE 2K22 game on your PC or gaming console to check whether the problem has been fixed or not. Sometimes issues with the temporary glitch or the cache data can trigger server connectivity issues whatsoever. So, just exit the game and make sure to close background tasks completely before launching the WWE 2K22 game again.
2. Reboot the System/Device
In some scenarios, it’s better to simply reboot the gaming device no matter whether you’re using a PC or a gaming console. You should always try this method to ensure there is no conflict or system glitch present on the device that basically triggers the multiplayer connectivity issue.
3. Check your Internet Connection
You should also try checking out the internet connection at your end because a poor or unstable internet network can eventually cause online connectivity issues with the game servers whatsoever. If in case, you’re consistently receiving server connectivity errors on multiple games then make sure to contact your ISP for further assistance. You can also ask your ISP to upgrade the data plan for better internet speed or change the IP address too.
If you’re using a wireless (Wi-Fi) network then make sure to change it to a wired (ethernet) connection to get a stable internet speed for sure. Advanced users can also try using the Google DNS address on their internet settings to get maximum speed or access to the game servers across the globe.
4. Check Game Server Status
Another thing you can do is check out the game server status at your end to ensure whether there is a server downtime happening or not. The chances are high that your game server has some technical issues and there is an outage at the time when you’re trying to get into the WWE 2k22 multiplayer mode. The server maintenance or downtime/outage can happen at the developers’ end there is nothing to do at your end.
You should visit the @WWEgames Twitter handle and check for real-time outage reports. If there is a server downtime present then make sure to wait for around a couple of hours and then try again. If there is no downtime or outage then you can follow the next method.
5. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
Sometimes only rebooting the game or device or switching the internet connection may not be useful because there might be an issue with the Wi-Fi router. In that scenario, performing the power cycle on your Wi-Fi router can also fix the internet connectivity-related issues completely. To do that:
- Turn off the router first > Once the LED indicators stopped, unplug the power cable from the router.
- Now, wait for around 30 seconds, and then plug back the power cable into the router.
- Turn on the router and check for the WWE 2K22 server connectivity error.
6. Verify and Repair Game Files
It’s also recommended to verify and repair the game files on your PC via the Steam client to cross-check whether the installed game files are corrupted or missing or not. The Steam launcher will do the job for you and automatically fix the game files-related issue. To do so:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on WWE 2K22 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
7. Flush DNS Cache
Make sure to flush the DNS cache on your computer to easily remove stored cache files related to the internet configuration. It can also help the PC and the internet settings to freshly connect with the game servers without any corrupted or older cache data. To do that:
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard to open the Start menu > Type Command Prompt and search for it.
- Now, right-click on Command Prompt > Select Run as administrator.
- Click on Yes to run with the admin access > Once the command prompt window opens, type the following command and hit Enter:
- A successful message will appear > Close the command prompt window.
- Now, reboot the PC to apply changes.
8. Reinstall WWE 2K22
The chances are high that somehow your installed game files become corrupted or missing due to the recent update or anything else. It’s recommended to uninstall and reinstall the WWE 2K22 game on your PC to check if the Multiplayer Mode Not Working problem has been fixed or not. To do so:
- Press the Windows key or click on the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- Now, type Control Panel and search for it > Click on it from the result.
- Click on Uninstall a program > Search for the WWE 2K22 game.
- Click on the title and select Uninstall > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes > Next, open the Steam client.
- Search for WWE 2K22 and install the game again.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
9. Contact 2K Support
If none of the methods worked for you, then try contacting 2K Support for further assistance. Sometimes a support agent can easily help you with technical aspects or ask the agent to raise a ticket for this issue. So, that the game developers can investigate it deeply. Although resolving your issue and closing the ticket can take some time, it’s worth trying out in so many ways.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was useful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.