Nokia 6 started receiving a new firmware update which carries the build number 00WW_3_72A. The update does not bring any major UI changes. This build carries the same November Security Patch along with improved system stability and updates.
The update has already started roll via OTA (Over the Air) as we speak. It is sent in a phase-wise manner. You may receive the update anytime soon on your phone. The update notification weighs almost 149MB and still based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. If you have already received the update, then we are recommended to download and install 00WW_3_72A on your Nokia 6.
If you are still not yet received the update, then hold your horse. The update may take a couple of days or weeks to receive. As we said, the OTA is sent in a phase-wise manner and will come soon on your device. You can check the OTA update manually by following the below method.
How to Check the OTA update on Nokia 6:
- Go to settings —> About Phone —> Software update
- If you have the OTA update, then make sure to follow the pre-requisites:
Before you download, Please make sure you have enough storage space, Stable and fast Wi-Fi connection, and also charge your phone to at least 50% of battery. Once you have all this, you can hit the download button to start upgrading your phone. As this OTA is all about November Security Patch, it shouldn’t take long for it to download. So make sure to Backup your device before downloading and upgrading Nokia 6 to November Security Patch.
Download Firmware Here
Manually Install 00WW_3_72A Nokia 6 Improved System Stability and UI Update
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the USB Debugging by going to Settings -> Developer Option and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fast boot Zip file on your PC
- Now go to the folder where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Download Stock ROM for Nokia 6 from above and move it in ADB folder.
- Now Reboot Nokia 6 smartphone to Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from ADB.
- Plug the phone into PC using USB Cable, then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now execute the below command in CMD screen.
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait until Installation process Completes.
- Once the Installation completed. Reboot the Phone.
That’s it! Now your phone will boot into the updated Nokia 6 with November Security Patch.
Check Out the Stock Firmware List here.