Today Sony started rolling a new update for Xperia XZ, XZs, and X Performance. With this update, Sony has patched with January 2018 Security Patch along with the Meltdown and Spectre CPU vulnerabilities. The update has bumped the build number from 41.3.A.2.24 to version 41.3.A.2.58 for Xperia XZ, XZs, and X Performance.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) and will soon reach your phone running Stock ROM. Yes, to receive the official update, your phone must be running Stock firmware without root or any mods installed. According to the screenshot published by Xperia blog, the update is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Along with January 2018 Security patch, the update also includes regular bug fixes and improvements.
If you didn’t receive the notification of the new update, then Go to Settings —> About phone —-> System updates. You may find the new update with build number 41.3.A.2.58 for Sony Xperia XZ, XZs and X Performance, hit the download button to start downloading and installing the update. After downloading the 41.3.A.2.58 FTF, your phone will be upgraded to latest security patch.
Table of Contents
Supported Models Are:
Xperia XZ: F8331, F8332, SO-01J, SOV34
Xperia XZs: G8232, SOV35, SO-03J, 602SO
X Performance: F8132, F8131
Download 41.3.A.2.58 Firmware File:
Xperia XZs (Mirror link)
- This will work on Sony Xperia XZ, XZs and X Performance, Don’t Try this on Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC.
- First of all, Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop
- Download the FTF Files and move the firmware file to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder
- Make sure to install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Now download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite link and install it
- Now you need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable the USB Debugging, First, you need to activate the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer
- Power off your phone and now hold VOLUME DOWN button and connect the phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- Once your phone detects on Sony Flashtool window
- Now in the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the firmware from the firmware folder
- Recommended to clean install by selecting the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log (This will wipe your data and do a clean installation)
- Now tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
- Your installation process will start, now wait for few minutes to complete the installation.
- have fun with the latest version of 41.3.A.2.58 Nougat update on Sony Xperia XZ, XZs and X Performance.
This Article is about installing latest January 2018 Security Update for Sony Xperia XZ, XZs and X Performance. Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on 41.3.A.2.58 Nougat in the comment section below.