Today Sony started rolling a new firmware update for Sony Xperia XZ, XZs and X Performance which bumps the software version to 41.3.A.2.99. The update remains to be fueled under Android 8.0 Oreo and comes with March 2018 Security Patch. Along with this update, Sony has improved the performance and stability. If you are running old build number 41.3.A.2.75, then you will receive an update notification on your phone.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) and will soon reach every user around the globe. If you are still old version, then we recommend you to start updating your phone to latest OTA update with March Security patch to keep your phone safe from security vulnerabilities. The OTA is sent in a phase-wise manner. So kindly wait, you will receive the update anytime soon. There is a chance of getting delayed. If you can’t wait, then we will give you the download link very soon to install the update manually on your phone.
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update manually on Sony device:
If you didn’t receive the notification of the new update, then Go to Settings —> About phone —-> System updates. You may find the new update with build number 41.3.A.2.99 for Xperia XZ, XZs and X Performance, hit the download button to start downloading and installing the update. After downloading the 41.3.A.2.99 FTF, your phone will be upgraded to March 2018 security patch.
[su_note note_color=”#fffdc4″ text_color=”#000000″]
If anyone has a mirror link, please comment the link here. We will surely credit you with the same. You can download the file and upload it to any mirror hosting website.
Download Full Firmware
How to Manually Install 41.3.A.2.99 March 2018 Security:
To install the firmware, first, follow the pre-requisite steps.
- This will work on Sony Xperia XZ, XZs and X Performance, Don’t Try this on Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC.
- First of all, Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop
- Download the FTF Files and move the firmware file to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder
- Make sure to install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Now download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite link and install it
- Now you need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable the USB Debugging, First, you need to activate the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer
- Power off your phone and now hold VOLUME DOWN button and connect the phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- Once your phone detects on Sony Flashtool window
- Now in the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the firmware from the firmware folder
- Recommended to clean install by selecting the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log (This will wipe your data and do a clean installation)
- Now tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
- Your installation process will start, now wait for few minutes to complete the installation.
- have fun with the latest version of 41.3.A.2.99 Oreo update on Sony Xperia XZ, XZs and X Performance.
This Article is about installing latest March 2018 Security Update for Sony Xperia XZ, XZs and X Performance. Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on 41.3.A.2.99 Oreo in the comment section below.