Samsung started rolling the Android Pie update for Galaxy A8 Plus 2018 (SM-A730F) in India. The update is confirmed to be running on a stable version of Android Pie for Galaxy A8 Plus. The screenshot shared by a user in India proves that the update is currently rolling with the build number A730FXXU4CSCD.
The Android Pie upgrade comes with a large number of new and enhanced features. Along with that, it also brings the March 2019 security patch. As the usual routine goes, Android 9 Pie update is rolling over-the-air. It weighs around 1.32GB, so if you choose to download, do it using Wi-Fi.
Also, in case you don’t receive the OTA update, we have put up the firmware for the same which you can flash manually. A usual you have to use ODIN tool to install the new A730FXXU4CSCD firmware to taste the Pie OS on your Galaxy A8 Plus 2018. You can find the link for the firmware and installation guide in the respective sections.
Table of Contents
One UI Changelog:
The Android Pie OS update brings a massive changelog with it. We are listing it out in this section.
- Content and Settings have been re-organized
- Interactive Elements moved to screen bottom for easy access
- Night mode feature
- Reply to messages directly in the notification panel
- Image thumbnails now show on the notification
- New Emojis
- Adaptive theme changes
- Floating keyboard
Always On Display
- New clock styles added
- Battery charging information
- Improved search
- Enables search within App
- New scene optimizer enhances the camera color settings.
- Adds new Editor tool for Photos.
- New storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor storage usage.
- Show/hide items on MyFiles home screen.
- Shows daily step counts in the notification panel.
- Lift to wake feature turns on the screen when you pick up the phone.
Apart from this regular Andriod Pie features such as the adaptive battery, App slices, enhanced Autofill API, etc come with the latest One UI update.
A730FXXU4CSCD: One UI Android Pie on Galaxy A8 Plus 2018
First of all, you have to check your respective device. You will see a prompt.
Check for Software Update:
Go to device Settings > Software updates > tap on Download updates manually. You will see the new update and then click on Download to grab it.
Download Firmware, Odin Tool, and Drivers:
Steps to Install Android 9.0 Pie for Galaxy A8+ 2018:
Now, let us take a look at the prerequisites for installing the build number A730FXXU4CSCD on Galaxy A8+ 2018. Should we?
- Make sure that your Galaxy A8+ 2018 (SM-A730F).
- You need a PC for this guide.
- Your Samsung Galaxy A8+ 2018 should have at least a 60% charge left.
- Active Internet Connection.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.