Finally, Samsung started rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo update for Galaxy A8 2016 in UAE. The update on the device bumps the build number to A810FXXU2CRH7 and security patch level to September 2018. It weighs almost 1.2GB in size. The update is currently rolling for users in UAE and will soon roll out globally. If you have SM-A810F variant, then upgrade your device to Android 8.0 Oreo with build number A810FXXU2CRH7.
The update started rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. It may take a while to reach every corner of the world. If you have the Samsung Galaxy A8 2016 model, then you can check for the latest OTA update by stepping into settings. Remember, to receive this update, your phone must be running on Stock Firmware without root or mods installed.
After stepping up to Android 8.0 Oreo users will be able to enjoy new features it packs. This includes notification dots, PiP Mode, improved battery life, Autofill API, night light etc. With Samsung Experience 9.0 users can use the dual messenger feature. It enables the users to use two accounts on one Chat App.
Here we have shared the full guide on how to download and install A810FXXU2CRH7 Android Oreo Firmware for Galaxy A8 2016. Before that, we request you to check for the software OTA update manually. Below we have given the complete instructions on how to check software update manually on your device.
How to Check Software Update Manually?
Here we will instruct on how to manually capture the Galaxy A8 2016 Android Oreo update with build number A810FXXU2CRH7.
Simply Go to device Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone.
Before starting the OTA download process,
- Ensure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery.
- Check that your device has enough storage to download and install the update.
- choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download the software update for Galaxy A8 2016 it.
Download A810FXXU2CRH7 Firmware
Steps to Install Oreo firmware for Galaxy A8 2016
The guide is simple and easy. So before installing the firmware, make sure you have the proper firmware downloaded. Also, read the instructions for installing the firmware. In this guide, we are using the latest ODIN Download tool to flash the Android 8.0 Oreo.
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
Download ODIN and DRIVERS:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your device.
Instructions to Install:
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest firmware updates for Galaxy A8 2016 and other Samsung smartphones.