OnePlus is popular for its clean and near-stock interface OxygenOS. With the last couple of Android OS updates, it has improved to a great extent. However, those who use any latest OnePlus device running on Android 10, you must have noted the lack of a feature. It is the toggle for dark mode. Generally, OxygenOS provides the user with a choice between white and dark themes selection. A user has to manually go to device Settings and change the theme. A toggle would have made the process faster.
Well, there is a solution to this issue. In this guide, we bring you an app that you can use to set up a Dark Mode Toggle on your OnePlus smartphone. We are talking about OnePlus Dark Mode Toggler. It may sound official but it’s not an official app. Interestingly, it is free to use and also it doesn’t display any ads on it. Sounds amazing, isn’t it.?
You can set a flip switch for dark mode on the Quick Settings menu using this toggler app. However, the only condition you have to meet is to have root access on your OnePlus device. Of course, when some program modifies the stock setup of the system, root access is mandatory. Rest using the app is as easy as pie.
This application also provides the option to set the dark mode automatically. For that, you have to grant the app with location information. So, depending on that it can decipher the sun and sunset of your region. Then by sunset, automatically dark mode will be active. Otherwise, you can manually set the time yourself.
How to Add Dark Mode Toggle to your OnePlus Device
First, you need to download the app. Be assured that the developer is hosting the Dark Mode Toggler from Google Playstore itself. Here is the download link for the same. Again, we must remind you that never download any application from untrusted sources. It may create issues on your smartphone.
The said application supports English, Simplified and Traditional Chinese language.
Before heading out to download and install the app, you must keep some guidelines in mind.
- This app is exclusively for OnePlus devices running on Android 10.
- The app works on a smartphone with root access.
- The application is exclusively for OxygenOS. This means if a OnePlus device is running HydrogenOS, then it won’t work.
OnePlus Dark Mode Toggler | APK Download
How to Setup the App
- Make sure to install the app from the above link
- There is no need to open the app
- Swipe down the quick App launcher on your device home screen
- Tap on the pencil button to edit the Quick App Settings
- Now the screen will expand and you will see some unused applications sitting in the screen which are not seen in the pull-down launcher
- With the dark mode toggler installed, you should now see a toggle for dark mode in the unused apps section.
- Long press on the icon and drag it to the current Quick app section.
- When you tap on the dark mode toggle tile you will see a root access request.
- Tap on Grant and your device will switch to dark theme
- If you wish to revert back to normal theme tap again on the tile. It’s that simple.
So, try the Dark Mode toggle on your OnePlus smartphone and enjoy the feature. We hope that this guide was useful to you.
You May Also Like,
- How to Launch Google Assistant using Power Button on Any OnePlus device
- How to Fix Google Assistant not Available on Any Android Device