Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition game players are literally getting multiple issues and errors after the release. Though the game is new in the market, the well-known franchise comes with a buggy edition and especially for the PC version. Steam players are encountering plenty of issues like startup crashing, lags, black screen issue, locked FPS count, the game not launching, and more. Meanwhile, Age of Empires 3 also has Stuttering, D3D11 Error, and dll Missing issue which needs to be fixed as early as possible.
So, if you’re also one of them and getting affected a lot by these issues, you can check out the troubleshooting guide below to fix completely. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s get into the possible workarounds below.
Table of Contents
Age of Empires 3 Fixes | Stuttering, D3D11 Error, and dll Missing issue
Those who’re experiencing the lagging or startup crashing or the game won’t launch-related issues with the Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition game on the PC version can check out all the Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition info and how-to guides here.
1. Steps to Fix Stuttering:
- Make sure that your Windows build and GPU drivers are up-to-date.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open up the Task Manager > Processes tab > Here you can see multiple backgrounds running services or apps which are consuming higher CPU/Memory. Select and end tasks one by one which is higher in usage.
- Launch the game > Go to the settings menu > Disable in-game V-Sync and close the game. Then open the Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Choose Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition game and do the following changes:
- Power Management – Prefer Maximum Performance
- Shader Cache – On (Not for SSD)
- Texture filtering – Quality to High Performance
- Vertical Sync – On
- Apply the changes and restart your computer.
2. Steps to Fix D3D11 Error:
If in case, you’re getting the following error message while launching the Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition game then check out the possible workarounds below:
A D3D11 Error has occurred and the game is forced to terminate. Verify your graphics drivers are up to date. (HRESULT: -2005270523)
- First, always try to update the Windows build and graphics drivers on your PC.
- You can also uninstall and reinstall the graphics drivers (if already updated to the latest version).
- Make sure that whether you’ve selected the dedicated graphics card to run the game or not. You can do this from the Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Choose the game > Select ‘High-performance Nvidia processor’ from the “preferred graphics” option.
- Whereas the AMD GPU card users can go to the AMD Radeon Settings > Preferences > Additional Settings > Power > Switchable Graphics Application Settings > Choose the game > Select ‘High-Performance profile’ from the Graphics Settings.
- Additionally, if you’re playing the game on your laptop that means it only using the internal GPU which may not be powerful enough to handle such games.
3. Steps to Fix dll Missing issue:
It seems that plenty of Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition PC players are experiencing ‘api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll is missing’ issue along with the startup crashing. If you’re also getting affected by this error then don’t worry as the solution is quite simple.
- Simply head over to the official Microsoft website and download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package for your Windows system. (Download according to the system version: x86/x64/ARM64 which can be checked from the system properties on your PC)
- Once downloaded, just run the package installer as an administrator and complete the installation process by following on-screen prompts.
- Finally, restart your computer and try running the game again.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was useful to you. For further assistance, you can comment below.