Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G (Codename: picasso) in December 2019. The handset came with Android 10 Q. Want to install AICP 15.0 Custom ROM on your Redmi K30 5G? If yes, then you are on the right page. In this guide, we will take on how to install AICP 15.0 on Redmi K30 5G. Now the good news is that you can enjoy Android 10 OS version on your device unofficially by installing AICP 15.0 Custom ROM.
To install AICP 15.0 on Redmi K30 5G, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new AICP on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of AICP 15.0.
The device comes with a 6.67-inches IPS LCD display with 1080×2400 pixels resolution. The display has HDR10 and 120Hz refresh rate support along with the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It’s powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G chipset, coupled with Adreno 620 GPU. It packs 6GB/8GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage options (expandable up to 256GB via a hybrid slot). The Redmi K30 5G runs on MIUI 11 based on Android 10. Now, talking about the camera department, the device sports a dual selfie camera setup of a 20MP (wide, f/2.2) + a 2MP (f/2.4) depth sensor. Whereas the rear has quad cameras that include 64MP (wide, f/1.9) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + a 2MP (dedicated macro camera, f/2.4) + a 2MP (f/2.4) depth sensor. It has PDAF, HDR, Panorama, dual-LED flash, and more.
Table of Contents
What is AICP ROM?
AICP also stands f0r Android ICE Cold Project which is an aftermarket firmware based on Android Open Source Project. The ROM is first developed for the HTC Desire HD device in the year 2012. Since then AICP has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find! Currently, the ROM is based on Lineage OS with some tweaks from AOSP. AICP has lots more customization options and supports substratum officially (LOS doesn’t support it officially). AICP also comes with Magisk so you don’t need to reflash magisk when you update via OTA.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
- Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- Unlock bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi K30 5G
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G
- Common Problems in Xiaomi Redmi K30 and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G based on Android 10 Q
Steps to Install AICP 15.0 on Redmi K30 5G (picasso):
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Redmi K30 5G (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi K30 5G.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Redmi K30 5G
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- AICP 15.0 ROM: Download
- Download Gapps:
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
Instructions to Install
- Make sure to download all the required files and move the flashable zip files to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- In the TWRP Recovery menu, Tap the Install Button and look for the flashable zip file name of AICP 15.0
- Tap on the file name AICP zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AICP 15.0 on your Redmi K30 5G.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy it!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AICP 15.0 on Redmi K30 5G (picasso) successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.