Today, we bring you the Android 10 GSI for Nokia 6.2(codename-daredevil) based on AOSP. Generic System Image or as we call it GSI, is the non-modified avatar of pure Android, which can easily run on any Android device with Project Treble support. It is a custom build of Android OS developed by XDA developer phhusson. So, all credit for the GSI goes to him. To the uninitiated, AOSP is the Android Open Source Project.
In this post, we have put up the Android 10 GSi build for Nokia 6.2. Also, we have provided you with the installation guide which you can use and conveniently flash the custom GSI on your device. It’s important that you have to unlock the bootloader of your Nokia 6.2 to successfully implement the GSI.
Nokia 6.2: Device Overview
Nokia 6.2 released in October 2019. It is a device that comes under Project Android One which means it offers near-stock Android experience to the users. Out-of-the-box you will get the device running Android 9.0 Pie. The Nokia 6.2 has an IPS LCD display of 6.3-inches with a 1080 x 2280 pixel resolution. It is available in 3 GB and 4GB memory variants. The 3GB RAM variant offers in-built storage of 32 GB. The 4 GB RAM variant offers 64 GB and 128GB storage options. A Snapdragon 636 chipset runs this device.
Even though Nokia 6.2 is a low-mid range device it offers a triple camera setup with 16 MP(wide) + 8 MP(ultrawide) + 5 MP(depth sensor). There is a selfie camera of 8MP on the front face. A non-removable Li-Po battery of 3500mAh powers up this device.
What’s on Android 10?
Android 10 is the current sensation in the Android world. The tenth generation of Android OS is now making its presence in various popular OEMs out there. In September 2019, Android 10 stable update started rolling out. Currently, few devices from Samsung, Nokia, LG, OnePlus have received the Android 10 update. Still, there are other OEMs out there who will receive Android 10 in the upcoming 2020 in the first and second quarters.
Android 10 brings a lot of impressive improvements over its precursor Android 9.0 Pie. In fact with Android 10, Google has dropped its concept of sweet dishes to bring more clarity in the nomenclature. With the 10th version of Android users will get improvements in the older features and addition of new features. We have listed up all the features briefly below. Check it out.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
How to Install Android 10 GSI for Nokia 6.2 (Daredevil)
Before installing the Android 10 GSI, you have to download some tools which are important for the successful installation of the image file. We have put up the same in the section below.
- First, charge your device up to 70% so that it doesn’t face power outage mid installation due to low battery.
- A PC/Laptop
- Make sure to install the Nokia USB drivers.
- We recommend you to take a backup of your device data before proceeding to flash the Android 10 GSI.
- GApps are already included in the Android 10 ROM. There is no need to flash it separately.
- You can also install the GSi via TWRP. You can check out TWRP Recovery on Nokia 6.2.
You May Also Like,
Here is the tutorial for you which will help you perform the GSI installation.How to Install Android 10 GSI on Nokia 6.2
That’s it guys. Now you know how to install Android 10 GSi on Nokia 6.2. We hope that this guide was useful to you.