Xiaomi’s project Android One series of devices have their own base of loyal users and fans. If you are confused about which phones we are talking about, then let us remind you a little bit about them. You must have come across the Mi A1, A2 and A3 smartphones from Xiaomi. These smartphones run near-stock Android OS and get regular software updates patch every single month. Also, when it comes to system upgrades, these devices have never let their users down. Stable system updates always roll out for these smartphones soon after the official release.
Speaking of which, currently Xiaomi Mi A2(codename: jasmine) is receiving the Android 10 update. The latest update is available with build number V22.214.171.124.QDIMIXM. The phone is also receiving the December 2019 security patch.
Currently, only a few users have been able to get their hands on the automatic OTA update which packs the Android 10 update. Usually, when the OEM starts pushing a new update, it takes some time to reach out to all the regions around the globe. So, we have brought you the OTA zip file of the Android 10 build V126.96.36.199.QDIMIXM. This means you can manually flash the update on your respective devices.
Table of Contents
What does Android 10 bring.?
Android 10 comes with many exciting features such as new gesture navigation, system-wide dark mode, Focus mode, improved Digital Wellbeing, smart reply for the messaging app. Also, the user will have entire control over the sharing of their location information to the applications installed on the device. This will ensure the enhanced privacy of the user information.
Again the users will experience features like Live Caption, system updates from the Playstore, etc after installing the new Android 10 update.
Download OTA Update
Now that the OTA update is already making its move over-the-air, users can try downloading it manually. It’s better to search for the update manually instead of waiting for the software to knock into your devices on its own. Like we mentioned, OTA release is a gradual process. So, it will take some time to reach out to all the users out there. We have described the simple process by which you can capture the OTA.
- Go to Settings > System
- tap on System Update.
- If the latest system update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to Download and Install it.
If the above process doesn’t work, you may try to use any VPN app and search for the QDIMIXM update. Some users have reported that this way they have managed to capture the system update.
- System Updates are of large file size. So, use Wi-Fi to download them.
- Make sure to have sufficient battery charge on your device before you install the Android 10 update. The device won’t allow you to install the update if the battery is low.
- If you are using VPN, to install the Android 10 system update, do so at your own risk. If you are not sure about any unknown APK, we suggest not to download it.
How to manually install Android 10 update V188.8.131.52.QDIMIXM for Xiaomi Mi A2
Before manually installing the Android 10 based firmware update on your device, you have to keep some guidelines in your mind. We have mentioned them below.
- Your device must be running on stock ROM in order to install this QDIMIXM system update.
- The firmware provided in this guide is exclusively for the Xiaomi Mi A2. Do not use it on any other device.
- Charge your device up to 50% minimum before installing the system update.
- Try to take a complete backup of your device data before installing the new device.
- A PC or Laptop to connect your device.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything. If you have TWRP installed on your device you can take a Nandroid Backup as well.
- Download and Install the Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- You have to install ADB & Fastboot on your desktop/laptop.
V184.108.40.206.QDIMIXM | Download
Here is the detailed installation guide that will help you to flash the latest Android 10 update on your Xiaomi Mi A2. If you have the ROM zip file, then you can use TWRP to flash the firmware.
Step-1 You have to start by Unlocking the bootloader on your Mi A2.
Step-2 Install TWRP on the Mi A2.
Step-3 Download the ROM zip file into your device storage.
Step-4 Enter your Mi A2 into Recovery Mode.
Step-5 After entering TWRP home screen tap on Install. Now browse for the ROM zip file on your device storage.
Step-6 Swipe to confirm > Swipe again to flash.
Step-7 Also, make sure to Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
Finally, you have to tap on Reboot to restart your Mi A2.
Flashing the Fastboot ROM
Here is the guide to install the firmware if you have a Fastboot ROM file for the QDIMIXM build for Mi A2.
- Download the fastboot firmware zip file.
- Look for a file with .bat extension file from the folder of the ROM zip. Extract it.
- Make sure to install the ADB and fastboot on your PC for this method.
- Now enter the Mi A2 into Fastboot mode by pressing Power + Vol Down Button simultaneously.
- Then connect the device to the PC/Laptop
- In the fastboot, select the ROM file with .bat extension and flash it.
Apart from this you can also ADB sideload the OTA and install the system update. Here is a guide to ADB sideload OTA firmware.How to ADB Sideload OTA on Mi A2
So, if you ahve been waitng for the system update of Android 10 on your Xiaomi Mi A2, then download and install the V220.127.116.11.QDIMIXM firmware . We hope that the guide is useful to you. If you have any doubts do let us know in the comments section.