The BBQ electronics company Realme has launched its latest smartphone called Realme XT in September 2019. If you’re using the Realme XT and want to run AOSP based Android 10 Custom GSI, then you can Download and install AOSP Android 10 GSI for Realme XT.
The Android 10 GSI has been developed by phhusson (Recognized XDA Developer), check out this full guide. A huge thanks to the developer for sharing this and there are plenty of other devices supporting the Android 10 GSI build as well.
Now, you may ask what is GSI? A GSI (generic system image) is a system image with minimal configurations for Android devices. It works as a pure Android implementation without any modifications or changes to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code. It can be run on any Android devices running Android 8.1 or higher version due to the Project Treble support. Here we have shared a step-by-step guide below.
But before going to the installation steps, let’s have a look at the device overview and then Android 10 overview as well.
Realme XT Specifications: Overview
The Realme XT is the first device in India with a 64MP primary rear sensor which offers great image quality even in low light. The device comes with a 6.4-inches Super AMOLED Full-HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. While the in-display fingerprint sensor and Face unlock are both quick and accurate as well.
Under the hood, the device is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 712 SoC, coupled with three RAM & storage options. It runs on ColorOS 6.0.1 based on Android 9 Pie and upgradable to Android 10 in Q1 2020.
The highlight of this device is the 64MP AI Quad camera setup on the rear side. The wide-angle lens and macro lens offers great images. While the front features a 16MP Sony sensor for selfies. It features Ambient Light, Proximity, Magnetic induction sensor, Gyro, Acceleration, Pedometer, G-sensor, etc. While for security unlock, the device has an in-display fingerprint sensor.
Realme has provided the 4,000 mAh battery with VOOC charging. In terms of the connectivity options, the handset packs Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C, 3G/4G LTE, GPS, etc. It also has a 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos, Dual Nano-SIM, and a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
Android 10: Overview and Features
This year (2019) Google has released the latest version of Android called Android 10. As the name suggests, it’s the 10th iteration of Android OS and offers the most stable & secure user experience than the previous generation Android 9 Pie. Android 10 brings plenty of new features and system improvements like improved gestures navigation, enhanced privacy & location control, improved app permissions, etc. It also includes a system-wide dark mode, live caption, focus mode, foldable display support, 5G connectivity compatible, chats bubble, smart reply, improved security updates, family link, better notifications, and more.
You can additionally check out the top 10 Android 10 features & details here.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 10 GSI for Realme XT (ime)
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
- You need to unlock the bootloader at first.
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
1. Unlock your XT’s bootloader and make sure you have installing adb fastboot on your Windows / Linux / Mac
2. Flash TWRP by thesprintster here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/rea…5-pro-t3985459
3. Download LineageOS by thesprintster here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/rea…-16-0-t3985463
4. Open LOS zip and take the boot.img
5. Download vbmeta by thesprintster here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folde…4YdT_SH5JUOxJQ
6. Download Phh’s Quack here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro…reble-t3992559 (select arm64-ab-gapps or arm64-ab-vanilla)
6a. You can download another GSIs like ExpressLuke GSIs here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro…-gsis-t4003457 and make sure you download the ARM64 AB variant.
7. Boot to TWRP and backup your vendor image (or maybe all your vendor + system + boot + data if you want to back to ColorOS) incase to avoid any error
8. Wipe all except vendor
9. Back to bootloader / fastboot, put your vbmeta.img to your adb fastboot folder
10. Flash vbmeta.img by typing fastboot flash –disable-verity –disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta.img
11. Boot to TWRP and copy Phh’s Quack System image and LOS boot.img to your XT
12. Flash boot and system image
13. Flash Gapps (if you download the vanilla variant) or if you want Google-less you can skip this
14. Reboot to system
15. Wait for booting aprrox. 4 minutes
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 ROM on your Realme XT (ime) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.