Google has officially released the Android 12 update for eligible Pixel devices after performing developer preview beta as well as public beta programs for a couple of months. Now, after releasing the stable build, it seems that plenty of Pixel users are experiencing issues with the app crashes and screen unresponsiveness. Meanwhile, some are saying that After the Android 12 Update, their Phone Freezes or Not Responding Properly.
According to multiple reports on the Google Support forum, the Pixel devices either freezes or won’t respond at all. Although you may reboot your device to check for the issue whether it has been fixed or not, this method may not work mostly because after some time the problem seems to appear again which is frustrating a lot. But don’t worry, here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds that should help you out.
Fix: After Android 12 Update, My Phone Freezes or Not Responding Properly
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below.
1. Force Reboot your Phone
If in case, your device is frozen while the screen is on or not responding properly, then make sure to press and hold the Power button for around 30 seconds to force restart your smartphone. Sometimes a force reboot to the device may avoid system glitches or screen freezing issues.
2. Check for Software Updates
It may also be possible that somehow your device software is outdated or the current build has some bugs. In that scenario, try checking for the software update on your handset and install it (if available) to always be up-to-date. To do so:
- Open your phone’s Settings app > Scroll down to the bottom.
- Tap on System > Go to Advanced.
- Tap on System update > You’ll see your update status.
- Just follow the on-screen steps to install the update and reboot the device to apply changes.
3. Clear Storage Space
- Open your phone’s Settings app > Tap on Storage.
- Make sure to check how much storage space you have available.
- If the storage is less than 10% free then you should delete unnecessary or duplicate files from your device storage manually.
4. Check for App Updates
- Open the Google Play Store app on the device.
- At the top right corner of the screen, tap on the profile icon.
- Tap on Manage apps & devices.
- Then under ‘Updates available’, choose to ‘Update all’ apps or a specific app individually.
5. Close Apps you’re not using
- Open your phone’s Settings app on the device.
- Tap on Apps & notifications > Tap on the particular app. [Tap on See all apps or App info]
- Tap on Force stop and then OK to apply changes.
Note: You can force stop multiple apps one by one that are causing issues and you’re feeling that they may trigger some issues.
6. Reboot in Safe Mode
It seems that the Safe mode can also temporarily turns off all downloaded third-party apps and games that may cause several issues whatsoever. Just long-press the Power button for a few seconds to popup the advanced power menu. Here you can go for the Safe mode and the device will reboot to the safe mode automatically.
Now, you’ll need to check if the freezing or not responding issue still persists or not. If the device seems good enough that means there are one or more apps conflicting with the system performance. However, if the problem is still there, make sure to follow the next method below.
7. Reset your Phone to Factory Defaults
As a final resort, you should reset your device to factory defaults by following the steps below to clear out system glitches and possible cache data issues.
Note: Factory Reset will wipe out all the user data from your handset. So, take a backup of the necessary data first.
- Open your phone’s Settings app > Tap on System.
- Go to Advanced > Tap on Reset options.
- Select Erase all data (factory reset).
- Confirm the internal storage and tap on Erase all data.
- If prompted, enter the device lock screen PIN/pattern.
- Then tap on Erase all data > Wait for the process to get completed.
- Once done, reboot your device to apply changes.
- If you’ve already backed up your data, restore it.
- You’re good to go.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.