Did you ever wonder if you will receive Android Nougat for Redmi Note 3 ? Here is a good news for all Redmi Note 3 Users. Now you can download and install Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 for Redmi Note 3. Remember this is an early build of a development of CM14 aka Cyanogenmod 14 for Redmi Note 3. So download and try it for yourself on your smartphone using TWRP Recovery. This build is still under development stage.
This is a Cyanogenmod 14 ROM built by an XDA Recognized Developer Santhosh M in XDA forum. Remember this is an early build of CM14 for Redmi Note 3. From few days, we started sharing Cyanogenmod 14 for some of the devices such as OnePlus X, OnePlus 3, Vernee Thor, etc. As per our number, OnePlus 3 is the first device to receive the unofficial love of CM14 and now we are also sharing CyanogeMod 14 for Redmi Note 3. So Download the CM14 for Redmi Note 3 today and follow the full guide on How to Install Cyanogenmod 14 aka CM14 for Redmi Note 3.
This is an early build of CyanogenMod 14 Android 7.0 Nougat built from the newly released Google Android Source Code by XDA Recognized Developer Santhosh M. This is not stable enough to use it has a daily driver. here are few bugs which will be taken care of soon, But right now you can enjoy the Beta build of Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 for Redmi Note 3.If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How To Install Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 For Redmi Note 3. By using TWRP Recovery, you can install the CM14 For Redmi Note 3. Follow the steps below.
What is CyanogenMod 14 ?
CyanogenMod 14 aka CM14 is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. CyanogenMod is one of the best featured Android Custom ROM Available for most of the Android Smartphone. CM14 is built by the community of developer. it is a free and open source software based on the official releases of Android by Google, with added original and third-party code. It is based on a rolling-release development model. CM14 has a lot of features such as Cyanogenmod Launcher, Themes, Notifications, Lock screen, Buttons, System Profiles, Status Bar, Privacy, etc. Below are the list of devices getting Cyanogenmod 14 Android Nougat aka CM14.
What is in Android 7.0 Nougat ?
Android 7.0 Nougat was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2016. This is the seventh major version of the Android operating system. Google first released Android 7.0 Nougat has a beta build on March 9, 2016, and it was officially released on August 22, 2016. This has a huge incremental and feature on this new update. Android Nougat comes with features such as Quick Switching between recent apps, Split Screen Mode, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
What works ?
- Video recording
- Other basic things
What doesn’t ?
- CM related features or anything that’s out of my scope and in CM scope
- Goodix fingerprint should not be working ( not tested yet )
- Stuff that i might have not noticed
Changelog 17/10/2016 :
- Sync with latest CM (some CM features work now)
- Video recording should work fine now ( I recorded a couple of videos and captured few images. All look fine )
- Initial blob level ( library support in ROM ) support for new camera sensors ( Kernel might still lack one or two new sensors )
- Flac support
- Improved device level performance
- Other minor improvements
( VoLTE continues to work on a dirty flash if you were on my previous build) [ I just wiped cache and dalvik ]
- This will work on Redmi Note 3 only, Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps for How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 For Redmi Note 3
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery – Turn your phone off ->Hold Volume Down and Power button simultaneously for few seconds -> You will see the recovery.
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the CM14 aka Cyanogenmod 14
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Kernel and Gapps
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Android 7.0 Nougat for Redmi Note 3 Successfully.