Updated on October 16, 2017: Added download links to download Official Android 7.1.2 Nougat for Nokia 6.
Finally, HMD Global Nokia has started sending a new firmware update for Nokia 6. The update carries the incremental version Android 7.1.2 Nougat for Nokia 6. A few days back, Nokia has promised the Android Oreo update for their latest devices, Nokia 3, Nokia 6.
We already have seen earlier Nokia has been delivering their update regularly every month as they promised. Along with Android 7.1.2 Nougat, this update also carries October security patch with Blueborne Virus fix. With this new update, you will also see some features, improvements and bug fixes such as Swipe fingerprint to open the notification, connectivity improvements and more.
The new updated version has been sent via OTA (Over the air) and you will receive the update if you are running the stable version of Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware on your phone. Now enjoy the latest Official Android 7.1.2 Nougat for Nokia 6. Some users have reported that the OTA weighs almost 650MB in size and available to download via OTA. To check if your phone has received the OTA, then manually check for updates via Settings > About Phone > System Update.
We earlier shared some of the official Nokia devices which will receive Android Oreo update. If you could not find, then don’t worry. You may receive the OTA update anytime.
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Nokia 6, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash October Security Patch Update For Nokia 6.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 7.1.2 Nougat October Security Patch Update.
HMD Global had also confirmed that this both smartphone will receive Android O update along with Nokia 3.
Today you can install the Nokia 6 October Security Patch Update by following the below guide.
- You can either use your phone to update to latest build or you can use the second method to Install update via PC
- This Update is only for Nokia users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools Zip
- Install the Nokia Device Driver
Step By Step Guide to Install Official Android 7.1.2 Nougat for Nokia 6
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the USB Debugging by going to Settings -> Developer Option and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fast boot Zip file on your PC
- Now go to the folder where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Download Stock ROM for Nokia from above and move it in ADB folder.
- Now Reboot Nokia smartphone to Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from ADB.
- Plug the phone into PC using USB Cable, then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now execute the below command in CMD screen.
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait until Installation process Completes.
- Once the Installation completed. Reboot the Phone.
That’s it! Now your phone will boot into the updated Nokia 6 with October Security Patch.