Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (codename: A6020) launched in February 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.1 Lollipop. Are you looking to install the stable version of Android 8.1 Oreo on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus? then you are at the right place. Today we will guide you on how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus smartphone.
Talking about the specifications, Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus features a 5.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8939v2 Snapdragon 616 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory. The camera on the Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus comes with 13MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Removable Li-Ion 2750 mAh battery.
If you are here for the first time to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus, then let us make things more clear. It’s been few months, the developers are struggling to bring stable build of Android 8.1 Oreo to many supported devices. Earlier we had shared some of the custom ROM known as Lineage OS 15.1, Pixel Experience ROM, AOSiP, OmniROM, Resurrection Remix Oreo etc based on Android 8.1 Oreo. You can simply check out the link to see if you have your device in it.
Android 8.1 Oreo and Features:
Well, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo which was released in August 2017. The Android Oreo is the 8th iteration of Android OS and comes with many new features such as New emoji, picture-in-picture mode, multi-window, Better public Wi-Fi connections, Revamped notifications, Notification Dots, Notification channels, Google Play Protect, Project Treble, Autofill, smart text selection, Better battery life and performance and also new Settings menu and other UI tweaks. After rolling the 8.1 Oreo, Google also pushed the Android 8.1 Oreo branch tree to Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android Oreo
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus:
Follow our below guide to install the Android 8.1 Oreo on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus. Simply download the below given ROM and Gapps file to experience the PURE Android Oreo Stock build on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus smartphone. To install any Custom firmware on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus, you should have TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery.
Before grabbing the download link and installing the custom ROM, then make sure to follow the pre-requisites.
- This ROM is for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Lenovo USB Drivers.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your complete ROM before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- If you have root installed, then take backup of all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- How To Root and Install Official TWRP Recovery On Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus (A6020)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus [Updated]
Download The ROM and Gapps
|Lineage OS 15.1||Download|
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Android 8.1 Oreo for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Link to Install
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]
Don’t flash SuperSU if you want to try Magisk Root on your phone[/su_note]
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release