Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus (codename: vince) launched in February 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Are you looking to install the stable version of Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi 5 Plus (vince)? then you are at the right place. Today we will guide you on how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi 5 Plus smartphone.
Talking about the specifications, Redmi 5 Plus features a 5.99-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Redmi 5 Plus comes with 12MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 5V/2A. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the back.
If you are here for the first time to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi 5 Plus, then let us make things more clear. It’s been few months, the developers are struggling to bring stable build of Android 8.1 Oreo to many supported devices. Earlier we had shared some of the custom ROM known as Lineage OS 15.1, Pixel Experience ROM, AOSiP, OmniROM, Resurrection Remix Oreo etc based on Android 8.1 Oreo. You can simply check out the link to see if you have your device in it.
Android 8.1 Oreo and Features:
Well, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo which was released in August 2017. The Android Oreo is the 8th iteration of Android OS and comes with many new features such as New emoji, picture-in-picture mode, multi-window, Better public Wi-Fi connections, Revamped notifications, Notification Dots, Notification channels, Google Play Protect, Project Treble, Autofill, smart text selection, Better battery life and performance and also new Settings menu and other UI tweaks. After rolling the 8.1 Oreo, Google also pushed the Android 8.1 Oreo branch tree to Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android Oreo
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi 5 Plus:
Follow our below guide to install the Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi 5 Plus. Simply download the below given ROM and Gapps file to experience the PURE Android Oreo Stock build on Redmi 5 Plus smartphone. To install any Custom firmware on Redmi 5 Plus, you should have TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery.
Before grabbing the download link and installing the custom ROM, then make sure to follow the pre-requisites.
- This ROM is for Redmi 5 Plus (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your complete ROM before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- If you have root installed, then take backup of all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download and Install Resurrection Remix For Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- How To Root Install TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Redmi 5/5 Plus (Magisk)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus [Updated]
Download The ROM and Gapps
|Lineage OS 15.1||Download|
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi 5 Plus
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Redmi 5 Plus. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Android 8.1 Oreo for Redmi 5 Plus.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.