Xiaomi Mi A1 (codename: tissot) is the latest smartphone from the joint effort of Chinese OEM Xiaomi and Google. This device is a product of the AndroidOne Project that aims at providing stock Android experience to users at a mid-range budget. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1.2 Nougat and later upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. Are you looking to install the stable version of Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1? then you are at the right place. Today we will guide you on how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphone.
Talking about the hardware, Xiaomi Mi A1 features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory. The camera on the Xiaomi Mi A1 comes with Dual 12MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3080 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 5V/2A. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
If you are here for the first time to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1, then let us make things more clear. It’s been few months, the developers are struggling to bring stable build of Android 8.1 Oreo to many supported devices. Earlier we had shared some of the custom ROM known as Lineage OS 15.1, Pixel Experience ROM, AOSiP, OmniROM, Resurrection Remix Oreo etc based on Android 8.1 Oreo. You can simply check out the link to see if you have your device in it.
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1:
Follow our below guide to install the Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1. Simply download the below given ROM and Gapps file to experience the PURE Android Oreo Stock build on Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphone. To install any Custom firmware on Xiaomi Mi A1, you should have TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery.
Android 8.1 Oreo and Features:
Well, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo which was released in August 2017. The Android Oreo is the 8th iteration of Android OS and comes with many new features such as New emoji, picture-in-picture mode, multi-window, Better public Wi-Fi connections, Revamped notifications, Notification Dots, Notification channels, Google Play Protect, Project Treble, Autofill, smart text selection, Better battery life and performance and also new Settings menu and other UI tweaks. After rolling the 8.1 Oreo, Google also pushed the Android 8.1 Oreo branch tree to Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android Oreo
Before grabbing the download link and installing the custom ROM, then make sure to follow the pre-requisites.
Download Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1 [Tissot]
|Lineage OS 15.1||Download|
Also as we said you can download any of the GApps from the list.
- MindTheGApps 8.1.0 Package
- Delta Gapps with Modular Add-On
- Micro GApps Package For Android Oreo
- Android Oreo Gapps Package [Open Gapps]
- Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1 [Also Supported on any Android 8.1]
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
—–> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi A1
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- In case if you fail to install, then follow our guide on how to restore the nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device
Steps To install Android 8.1 Oreo on Mi A1
Here is the link to the complete illustrative tutorial to flash the latest Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi A1. Follow it carefully.How To Install A Custom ROM Using TWRP Recovery Tutorial On How To Root A Custom ROM
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
I hope this guide was helpful to install CarbonROM on Xiaomi Mi A1. For more, Check out the popular link.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices, Features, and Release
Credit goes to: Development Page AOKP