Alcatel Pixi 4 5 (5010D) smartphone was launched in June 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you are waiting for Official Android 9.0 Pie update for Alcatel Pixi 4 5? Then your wait will be eternal. According to Alcatel’s update tracker, this device will receive Android 8.1 Oreo which will be the last OS update. If you want to try custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie AOSP? then you are in the right place.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
Talking about the specifications, Alcatel Pixi 4 (5) features a 5-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 480 x 854 Pixels. It is powered by MediaTek MT6580 Processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. The phone packs 8GB internal memory with an expandable storage support of 32GB via microSD card. The camera on the Alcatel Pixi 4 (5) comes with 8MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 5MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Removable Lithium-Ion 2,000mAh battery.
When will Alcatel release Android 9.0 Pie update for Alcatel Pixi 4 5?
Alcatel Pixi 4 5 (codename: 5010D) came out of the box with July 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and later upgraded to Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Alcatel will not support Android 9.0 Pie update for Alcatel Pixi 4 5.
But you can install the Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) on Alcatel Pixi 4 5.
- Lineage OS 16 : List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features, and Downloads
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Check out the Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for Alcatel Pixi 4 5 (5010D)?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Alcatel Pixi 4 5 (5010D).
- Supported on Alcatel Pixi 4 5
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Alcatel Pixi 4 5 (5010D)
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Alcatel Pixi 4 5.
- Download the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie.
- Android 9.0 Pie Gapps not necessary!
- Note: First boot can take some time. They may even loop a few times…
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install on Alcatel Pixi 4 5:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Alcatel Pixi 4 5.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Alcatel Pixi 4 5:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Alcatel Pixi 4 5.
- How To Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Alcatel Pixi 4 (5) 5010D
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Alcatel Pixi 4 (5) (All Variant)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Alcatel Pixi 4 5 (5010D) – Updated
- How To Install Resurrection Remix For Alcatel Pixi 4 5 (5010D) (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Alcatel Pixi 4 5 (5010D) (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)