Here we will guide you on how to download and install Android 9.0 Pie update for BQ Aquaris M5. You can enjoy the real sweet of Android Pie with this Ported ROM.
Talking about the specifications, BQ Aquaris M5 (piccolo) features a 5-inch full HD LTPS IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by octa-core Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 paired by 2/3GB of RAM and Adreno 405 GPU for better multi-tasking. It also packs a 16/32GB internal storage and it can be extended up to 64GB via microSD card. The Camera on the BQ Aquaris M5 packs a 13MP primary camera on the rear with LED dual-tone flash and 5MP front shooter for selfies. The BQ Aquaris M5 runs on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system on top and is powered by Non-removable Li-Po 3120 mAh battery.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0″ controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Features of Android 9.0 Pie:
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
Guide to Install Android 9.0 Pie update for BQ Aquaris M5?
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then please follow this guide below to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie update for BQ Aquaris M5.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on BQ Aquaris M5 (piccolo).
- Supported on BQ Aquaris M5 (piccolo)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, the twrp wipe will not work)
- Your device must be bootloader unlocked.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on BQ Aquaris M5.
- Download the Android 9.0 Pie update for BQ Aquaris M5 :
Build Name Developer Lineage OS 16 for BQ Aquaris M5 Under Alpha Stage.
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install:
- Move the download Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie Update on BQ Aquaris M5 (piccolo).
Root Android 9.0 Pie on BQ Aquaris M5 :
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install Magisk root on your phone.
If you don’t want Magisk rooting guide, then you can try SuperSU Root on Android Pie ROM.
Hope this guide was helpful to install Android 9.0 Pie update for BQ Aquaris M5 (piccolo).