Today we will guide you to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Digma Citi 1576 3G which is based on Pie GSI build. Thanks to the XDA Recognized developer phhusson who developed the Project Treble GSI build for many Mediatek and Snapdragon-powered devices.
GSI stands for a Generic System image. The moniker “Generic” implies that such software images could be installed on any Treble-enabled device, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to. We already shared the complete list of devices supported for Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image (GSI).
To install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Digma Citi 1576 3G, you need to unlock the bootloader of Digma Citi 1576 3G and should be running the ADB fastboot driver on your PC.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0″ controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Guide to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Digma Citi 1576 3G
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then please follow this guide below to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie update for Digma Citi 1576 3G.
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
- Supported device: Digma Citi 1576 3G
- Charge your phone: You need 50% or more juice.
- Backup: Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (First try without wiping the data)
- Required drivers: Download Digma USB Drivers and Install on your PC
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader of your device.
- ADB Fastboot drivers: Download ADB and Fastboot tool [To flash via ADB Sideload Method]
Required ROM and Gapps Package:
- Download GSI Treble Firmware Files Here: Download
[su_note note_color=”#fefef3″ text_color=”#000000″]You will want just the GAPPS version to download and install AOSP Android Pie. Vanilla is basically plain w/o GAPPS, and FLOSS is with Open Source alternatives to the GAPPS.[/su_note]
If you want to install the Android Pie on your device, then follow this guide completely. Choose either TWRP Recovery method or ADB Sideload method to flash the Custom Pie ROM on your device. Though the TWRP Recovery support isn’t available yet for this.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First, download and move all the above-mentioned files on your Digma Citi 1576 3G Internal storage.
- Then extract the boot zip files [Complete Guide on How to extract any Zip file on Android devices.]
- Now, reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
- Then take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now, wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Android Pie 9.0 on Digma Citi 1576 3G.
- In order to wipe data: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select Dalvik/ART cache, Cache, System, Vendor, and Data > then swipe to confirm Wipe.
- Now, select and flash the ROM file from Install > Install Image > select system.img.
- You’re done.
Method 2: Install via ADB SideloadHow to Install Generic System Image on Project Treble Devices
We hope that this guide will helpful to you to install the Android 9.0 Pie on Digma Citi 1576 3G based on Project Treble GSI images.
If the method doesn’t work or facing any issue, feel free to report a bug to the AOSP 9.0 Phh-Treble thread in XDA via logcat.