Waiting for Official Android 9.0 Pie update for Honor 6X? Then your wait will be eternal. Currently, Huawei has stopped supporting the new OS update for this device. If you want to try custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie AOSP? then you are in the right place.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
Talking about the specs, Huawei Honor 6X features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 1.7GHz octa-core Kirin 655 processor coupled with 3GB/4GB RAM model. The phone packs 32GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 128GB via microSD card. The main selling point of Honor 6X is the camera which comes with 12MP Dual Camera setup and 8MP front shooting camera. The Honor 6X runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box with a non-removable battery of 3340mAh power.
When will Huawei release Android 9.0 Pie update for Honor 6X?
Huawei Honor 6X launched in October 2016. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat. Few months back, Huawei started pushing Android Oreo update for Honor 6X in China. This device has received 2 OS update already. Huawei will not support the Android 9.0 Pie update for Honor 6X. You can check out the List of Android 9 Pie Supported Huawei Devices.
Until then, you can install the Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) on Huawei Honor 6X.
- List of Android 9 Pie Supported Huawei Devices
- List of Huawei Honor Devices Getting Android Oreo Update
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Any Huawei Smartphone [Official and Unofficial]
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Huawei Honor Devices
- Download latest Huawei USB drivers and installation guide
- Lineage OS 16 : List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Check out the Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei Honor 6X?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor 6X.
- Supported on Huawei Honor 6X
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- Your device must be bootloader unlocked.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Huawei Honor 6X. [Recommended TWRP Recovery: link here]
- Download the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Senior member DarkJoker360]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install on Huawei Honor 6X:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Huawei Honor 6X.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei Honor 6X:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Honor 6X.