Today we will guide you to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Lava Z92 which is based on Pie GSI build. Thanks to the XDA Recognized developer phhusson who developed the Project Treble GSI build for many Mediatek and Snapdragon-powered devices.
GSI stands for a Generic System image. The moniker “Generic” implies that such software images could be installed on any Treble-enabled device, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to. We already shared the complete list of devices supported for Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image (GSI).
To install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Lava Z92, you need to unlock the bootloader of Lava Z92 and should be running the ADB fastboot driver on your PC.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Guide to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Lava Z92
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then please follow this guide below to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie update for Lava Z92.[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
- Supported device: Lava Z92
- Charge your phone: You need 50% or more juice.
- Backup: Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (First try without wiping the data)
- Required drivers: Download Lava USB Drivers and Install on your PC
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader of your device.
- ADB Fastboot drivers: Download ADB and Fastboot tool [To flash via ADB Sideload Method]
Required ROM and Gapps Package:
- Download GSI Treble Firmware Files Here: Download – Download ARM64
Instructions to Flash:
To flash the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Lava Z92, you can use the ADB Sideload method.
Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Android 9.0 Pie on Lava Z92 based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method doesn’t work, then go to the AOSP 9.0 Phh-Treble thread in XDA and report your issue.