OnePlus 2 was launched in July 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.1 Lollipop and later upgrade to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. OnePlus currently stopped support for this device. But today we have something new unofficial. Yes, now you can upgrade Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus 2.
Talking about the specs, OnePlus 2 sports 5.50-inch Optic AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor clubbed with either 3GB or 4GB RAM and comes with onboard storage of 16/64 GB. No microSD card support. OnePlus 2 comes with the 13MP primary camera and it has 5MP at the front for selfie shoot. OnePlus 2 supports dual sim and has Type-C 1.0 reversible connector. Other connectivity options are Wi-Fi, 4G, 3G, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, Fingerprint (front) and GPS.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
Table of Contents
When will Google release Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus 2?
OnePlus launched this device on July 2015 with Android 5.1 Lollipop and later upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Now the company has stopped sending new OS update for OnePlus 2. Good news is that you can try the custom ROM based on AOSP. The developers are working currently to get a beta build of Android 9.0 Pie for this device. Check out the below instructions on how to try AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on OnePlus 2 (oneplus2).
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Watch our video to know what’s new in Android 9.0 Pie and top features on it.
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0&t=10s” controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus 2?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 2.
What’s Working and What’s Not
[su_note note_color=”#fefce9″ text_color=”#000000″]
Alert Slider and Gestures
Sound / Vibration
Not Known yet!
- Supported on OnePlus 2 (oneplus2) – Snapdragon variant.
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Unlock The Bootloader on OnePlus 2 device
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on OnePlus 2.
- Download the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer/Contributor Shreesha.Murthy]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
Instructions to Install on OnePlus 2:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on OnePlus 2.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus 2:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus 2.
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on OnePlus 2 with Android 8.1 Oreo
- Install Lineage OS 15.1 for OnePlus 2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 2
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For OnePlus 2
- List of Best Custom ROM for OnePlus 2 [Updated]
- List Of Supported TWRP Recovery For OnePlus Devices
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported OnePlus devices
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0)