Do you want to install Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus X (codename: Onyx)? then, here is the complete update about the release of Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus X.
Talking about the device, OnePlus X features a 5-inch AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080P (1080 x 1920 pixel). It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. The device supported to expand the memory with up to 256GB via microSD card slot. OnePlus X sports a 13MP rear camera and 8MP front-facing camera for selfies. The handset is backed by 2525 mAh non-removable battery.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
When will Google release Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus X?
OnePlus launched this budget device back in January 2015 with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and later upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. As we know, OnePlus will never send any new update to this device. But the Good news is that, you can try the custom ROM based on AOSP. The developers are working currently to get a beta build of Android 9.0 Pie for this device. Check out the below instructions on how to try AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on OnePlus X (Onyx).
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Watch our video to know what’s new in Android 9.0 Pie and top features on it.
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0&t=10s” controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus X?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X.
What’s Working and What’s Not
[su_note note_color=”#fefce9″ text_color=”#000000″]
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Bluetooth (HACK)
- Video Playback
- Camera HDR
- USB MTP
- Notification Slider
- Off screen gestures
- Supported on OnePlus X (Onyx) – Snapdragon variant.
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Unlock The Bootloader on OnePlus X device
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on OnePlus X.
- Download the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Senior member YumeMichi]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
Instructions to Install on OnePlus X:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on OnePlus X.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus X:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus X.
- How To Install Official Mokee OS For OnePlus X (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- Download and Install AOKP 8.1 Oreo for OnePlus X (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Update OmniROM on OnePlus X based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus X
- List of Best Custom ROM for OnePlus X [Updated]
- List Of Supported TWRP Recovery For OnePlus Devices
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported OnePlus devices
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0)