Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro (raphael) launched in May 2019. The handset came with Android 9.0 Pie. Here we will guide you on how to download and install Android 9.0 Pie update for Redmi K20 Pro. You can enjoy the real sweet of Android Pie with this Ported ROM.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro smartphone is an Octa-core Snapdragon 855 SoC that has up to 8 GB RAM. This phone has a 6.39-inch AMOLED display and comes with a complete bezel-less finish. This has a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. A 6 GB RAM and an Adreno 640 GPU that handles heavy multitasking games too. It is equipped with a 4000 mAh Li-Polymer battery that keeps the entertainment going on for long hours. There is a triple rear camera set up having a 48 MP main lens, 13 MP super wide-angle sensor and an 8 MP telephoto lens. This also has a 20 MP front camera for the selfie freaks. This camera of this phone can record full HD videos at 30 fps speed. The phone houses a 64 GB non-expandable storage.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0″ controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Features of Android 9.0 Pie:
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Guide to Install Android 9.0 Pie update for Redmi K20 Pro?
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then please follow this guide below to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie update for Redmi K20 Pro.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Redmi K20 Pro.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- Supported on Redmi K20 Pro
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Download and install Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, the twrp wipe will not work)
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi K20 Pro
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Redmi K20 Pro.
- Download the Android 9.0 Pie update for Redmi K20 Pro :
OS Download Link Lineage OS 16 Download Bootleggers ROM Download AOSPExtended Download Resurrection Remix Download CrDroid OS Download Mokee OS Download Havoc OS Download Paranoid Android Download Cosmic OS Download Syberia Project OS Download AOSiP OS Download
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
Instructions to Install:
- Move the download Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie Update on Redmi K20 Pro.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Redmi K20 Pro :
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install Magisk root on your phone.
If you don’t want Magisk rooting guide, then you can try SuperSU Root on Android Pie ROM.
Hope this guide was helpful to install Android 9.0 Pie update for Redmi K20 Pro.
- AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM development for Redmi K20 Pro
- Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Redmi K20 Pro (9.0 Pie)
- Common Redmi K20 Pro Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery For Redmi K20 Pro (Latest)