Here in this guide, we will share with you how to download and install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Vestel Venus V6. This ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie GSI with Treble enabled. GSI stands for a “Generic System Image”. The Generic system images could be installed on any Treble-enabled device. We have already shared the list of devices supported for Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image (GSI). You can now download and install the AOSP Android Pie 9.0 GSI on Vestel Venus V6. Full Credits goes to the one of the recognized XDA Developer phhusson who has worked hard in Project Treble GSI build.
In order to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Vestel Venus V6 smartphone, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery or flash via ADB sideload. Before going to the guide, let’s take a look at the Android Pie features.
Android 9.0 Pie Features
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th generation of Google’s Android platform and one of the major version as well. The new Android Pie brings plenty of system improvements and optimizations with new features. The Android 9 Pie offers new QS tile, new volume slider, adaptive battery, and brightness, notch support, themes, Digital Wellbeing, etc. It also brings swipe gesture navigation control, new recent UI, lock screen, settings UI, etc.
- The file and guide only supported on Vestel Venus V6 handset. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Keep your phone charged up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data (Backup without Root – Guide)
- If you have already installed TWRP, then you can follow the guide: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Perform a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, the twrp wipe will not work)
- Now, Download Android USB Drivers and Install on your PC
- You need to unlock the bootloader on the Vestel Venus V6 device. [Most MediaTek device comes with bootloader unlock]
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool [via ADB Sideload Method]
- Then Download and Flash Latest TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-1 or higher (Steps to flash TWRP)
Download GApps and AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Vestel Venus V6
You can download the ROM file and Open GApps file from the links given below:
Steps to Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Vestel Venus V6
If you want to install the Android Pie on your device, then follow this guide completely. Choose either TWRP Recovery method or ADB Sideload method to flash the Custom Pie ROM on your device. Though the TWRP Recovery support isn’t available yet for this.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First, download and move all the above-mentioned files on your Vestel Venus V6 Internal storage.
- Then extract the GSI and vendor+boot zip files [Complete Guide on How to extract any Zip file on Android devices.]
- Now, reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery.
- Then take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now, wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Android Pie 9.0 on Vestel Venus V6.
- In order to wipe data: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select Dalvik/ART cache, Cache, System, Vendor, and Data > then swipe to confirm Wipe.
- Now, select and flash the ROM file from Install > Install Image > select system.img.
- You’re done.
Method 2: Install via ADB SideloadHow to Install Generic System Image on Project Treble Devices
We hope that this guide will helpful to you to install the Android 9.0 Pie on Vestel Venus V6 based on Project Treble GSI images.
If the method doesn’t work or facing any issue, feel free to report a bug to the AOSP 9.0 Phh-Treble thread in XDA via logcat.