Wileyfox Storm (kipper) was launched in April 2015. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 5.1 Lollipop. Here we will guide you on how to download and install Android 9.0 Pie update for Wileyfox Storm (kipper). You can enjoy the real sweet of Android Pie with this Ported ROM.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update brings many new features such as new gesture-based navigation, New Quick Settings UI design, and many more. If your device has not received this update, then no need to worry. Now you can enjoy the aftermarket firmware on Wileyfox Storm based on Android Pie. To install, you need TWRP Recovery or any latest custom recovery on your device.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0″ controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Guide to Install Android 9.0 Pie update for Wileyfox Storm ?
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then please follow this guide below to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie update for Wileyfox Storm . Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Wileyfox Storm (kipper).
- Supported on Wileyfox Storm (kipper)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Download and Install Latest Android USB Drivers.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, the twrp wipe will not work)
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Wileyfox Storm
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Wileyfox Storm.
- Download the Android 9.0 Pie update for Wileyfox Storm :
OS Download Link Lineage OS 16 Download
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
Instructions to Install:
- Move the download Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to the system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie Update on Wileyfox Storm.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Wileyfox Storm :
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install Magisk root on your phone.
If you don’t want Magisk rooting guide, then you can try SuperSU Root on Android Pie ROM.
Hope this guide was helpful to install Android 9.0 Pie update for Wileyfox Storm.
- Download Lineage OS 16 on Wileyfox Storm based on Android 9.0 Pie
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Wileyfox Storm
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on Wileyfox Storm (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How To Install crDroid OS Oreo on Wileyfox Storm (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Wileyfox Storm (Android 8.1 Oreo)