ZTE Axon 7 (codename: axon7) launched in May 2016. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android Nougat. ZTE has promised to upgrade to Android Oreo. Do you want to install Android 9.0 Pie on ZTE Axon 7? then, here is the complete update about the release of Android 9.0 Pie update for ZTE Axon 7.
Talking about the specifications, ZTE Axon 7 features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory. The camera on the ZTE Axon 7 comes with 20MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3250 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0). It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the back.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
When will Google release Android 9.0 Pie update for ZTE Axon 7?
ZTE will roll the Android 8.0 Oreo update soon. There is no confirmation whether ZTE will release Android 9.0 Pie update for ZTE Axon 7. But Good news is that you can try the custom ROM based on AOSP. The developers are working currently to get a beta build of Android 9.0 Pie for this device. Check out the below instructions on how to try AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on ZTE Axon 7 (axon7).
- How to Install Project Treble Oreo for ZTE Axon 7 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download and Update Havoc OS on ZTE Axon 7 with Android 8.1 Oreo
- How To Install AOSPExtended For ZTE Axon 7 Mini (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- Download Latest ZTE Axon 7 USB Drivers and ADB Fastboot Tool
- How to Install Pixel Experience ROM on ZTE Axon 7 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported ZTE Devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices
- List of Supported Devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List of Pixel Experience ROM Supported Devices
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Watch our video to know what’s new in Android 9.0 Pie and top features on it.
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0&t=10s” controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for ZTE Axon 7?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on ZTE Axon 7.
- Supported on ZTE Axon 7 (axon7)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Unlock The Bootloader on ZTE Axon 7 device
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on ZTE Axon 7.
- Download the Lineage OS 16 Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Senior member OrdenKrieger]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package.
Instructions to Install on ZTE Axon 7:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- You can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on ZTE Axon 7.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on ZTE Axon 7:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for ZTE Axon 7.