Here in this article, we will provide you the guide on how to download and install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on ZTE Blade V9 Vita. Android is an Open Source platform, runs on Linux which can be customizable and easy to use. The AOSP means the ‘Android Open Source Project’. Due to Android’s open-source nature, anyone can download the source code and customize it to develop a new custom version of Android. While the latest Android 9.0 Pie is so much popular and fully-featured official stable Android version yet globally.
The AOSP Custom ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie GSI with Project Treble support. Here GSI stands for ‘Generic System Image’. The Generic System Images can be installed on any treble compatible Android devices. You can now install the AOSP Android Pie 9.0 GSI on ZTE Blade V9 Vita smartphone by following the guide mentioned below. Thanks to one of the recognized XDA Developer phhusson who made possible to install Project-Treble-GSI build on Android devices which are Treble compatible.
The Project Treble was introduced in Android Oreo and then most of the smartphone OEMs also prefer to include this. It let users and smartphone OEMs to deliver future Android updates quite faster. In order to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on ZTE Blade V9 Vita smartphone, your device Bootloader must be unlocked and it will be flashed via ADB sideload method.
ZTE Blade V9 Vita Device Overview
Talking about the specifications, ZTE Blade V9 Vita features a 5.45-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm SDM435 Snapdragon 435 processor coupled with 2/3GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/32GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the ZTE Blade V9 Vita comes with a dual 13MP + 2MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 5MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery. ZTE Blade V9 Vita also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Android 9.0 Pie Features
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th generation major Android version and most stable version from Google. It was introduced last year with a bunch of new features and functionalities. The Android 9 Pie brings huge system improvements and optimizations as well. The Android 9 Pie offers new QS tile, adaptive battery & brightness, notch support, themes, Digital Wellbeing, etc. It also brings swipe gesture navigation control, new Recent UI, App Timer, App Slices, Volume Sliders, new notification panel, etc.
The Android 9 Pie brings system stability, privacy and security features, improved accessibility menu, app actions, screenshot shortcut, colorful Settings UI, lock screen UI, easy screen rotation icon, etc.
- The file and guide are only for the ZTE Blade V9 Vita handset. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Keep your phone charged at least up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your device data at first before starting the flashing process. If in case, anything goes wrong, you can restore the internal data.
- After taking the backup, perform a full data wipe in the stock recovery [Recommended].
- You need to unlock the bootloader on the MediaTek device.
Download Required Files
- GSI Treble Firmware Files Here: Download [Make sure you download the 1xx version, 20x starts with Android 10]
- Required drivers: Download ZTE USB Drivers and Install on your PC
- ADB Fastboot drivers: Download ADB and Fastboot tool [To flash via ADB Sideload Method]
- TWRP Method: Install TWRP Recovery for ZTE Blade V9 Vita
Steps to Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on ZTE Blade V9 Vita
If you want to install the Android Pie based AOSP Custom ROM on your device, then follow this guide completely. You need to flash the Custom Pie ROM either with TWRP or via ADB Sideload method on your device.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your ZTE Blade V9 Vita Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the GSI image on ZTE Blade V9 Vita.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy it!
Method 2: Install ROM via ADB Sideload Method
In order to install the Pie-based AOSP Custom ROM on your device, follow the full guide link given below.
We hope that this guide will help you to install the Android 9.0 Pie on ZTE Blade V9 Vita based on Project Treble GSI images. If you’re experiencing any issues, let us know in the comments below or you can follow the source link to give feedback to XDA.