Before the launch of OnePlus 6, Google decided to include the new OnePlus 6 in the list of Android 9.0 Pie Beta release. Here we will guide you on how to download and install the Android 9.0 Pie Beta on OnePlus 6. Yes, you will be able to enjoy the latest Android Pie on your OnePlus 6 just like the Pixel device.
OnePlus 6, a widely-anticipated smartphone from the Chinese smartphone maker, was launched on May 16, 2018. Key features of the smartphone include an all-glass build, is powered by the Snapdragon 845 mobile platform, and supposedly improved dual rear cameras with OIS.
To recall, the OnePlus 6 features a 6.28-inch Optic AMOLED display with Full HD+ and comes with a screen resolution of 1080x2280p. OnePlus has included a display notch pushing the aspect ratio to 19:9. The device is powered by the Snapdragon 845 SoC with Adreno 630 GPU clubbed with 6/8GB of RAM and 64/128/256GB of internal storage. On the camera front, there is a dual camera setup with 16MP with f/1.7 aperture, EIS, OIS + 20-megapixel lens with f/1.7 aperture. The front-facing camera is a 16-megapixel lens with f/2.0 aperture. OnePlus 6 is backed by a 3300mAh battery and runs on OxygenOS 5.1 which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The smartphone will be one among the first devices to receive Android P operating system upgrade.
At the I/O 2018 Google Keynote, Google rolled the Android P Developer preview for Google Pixel family along with other OEM partner. The list of supported devices to receive the Android 9.0 Pie Beta included the upcoming OnePlus 6. Thanks to Project Treble, the Android 9.0 Pie Beta is also available for a range of non-Pixel devices. Yes, the Android 9.0 Pie Beta Preview build is now available to download today.
Along with Android P Developer preview 2, The update brings a couple of more feature which we didn’t see in the first developer preview. There are more user-friendly features like Android P’s new gesture navigation, an adaptive battery that uses AI to optimize usage, and digital wellbeing features. Intelligence, simplicity, and notch support.
Earlier Google use to roll the beta preview build only for Google Pixel. But now with Android P, you can load the update onto a few devices from other companies as well. Now, this is a good news for all OnePlus 6 users. You can now upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie Beta on OnePlus 6.
NOTE: This is Beta version of Android P and still is in the early stage of development, So we request you to flash it on your device at your own risk. If you have little to no experience in software development then it is advisable not to flash on your smartphone.
Steps to Download and Install Android 9.0 Pie Beta on OnePlus 6
Before trying to proceed, make sure you have all the required drivers and flashable image on your PC.
Download Android P Developer Preview
Here is the official link to download the Android P Developer Preview for OnePlus 6 smartphone:
First Step: Download the Android P Developer Preview
- First of all, Backup your internal storage and important data.
- Go to the official website: https://www.oneplus.in/developer-preview
- Now Scroll and click on the Sign into Get Started button
- Download the OnePlus 6 Android 9.0 Pie Beta
- Download and Install OxygenOS 5.1.3 for OnePlus 6 [Full ROM and OTA]
- Download and Install OxygenOS 5.1.5 for OnePlus 6 [Full ROM and OTA]
- How to Download and Install Android 9.0 Pie Beta on OnePlus 6 [Developer Preview]
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6
- How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6
- OnePlus 6 Stock Firmware Collections (Back to Stock ROM/Restore)
Second Step: Android 9.0 Pie Beta for OnePlus 6Download OnePlus6Oxygen_21_OTA_001_all.zip
Third Step: Instructions to Install:
Now you can proceed to install the firmware Android P Developer Preview on OnePlus 6
- This update is only for OnePlus 6
- Charge your phone to above 70%
- Download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers
- You need at least 3GB of internal storage space
- Download the Android 9.0 Pie Beta ROM from above download option
- Connect the OnePlus 6 to the PC using the USB cable.
- Move the downloaded Android 9.0 Pie Beta zip to your phone’s root storage. (not inside any folder)
- Now Go to Settings > System updates on the phone.
- Tap the gear icon from the top right corner
- Tap on Local upgrade and select the Android 9.0 Pie Beta zip file.
- You can now click on UPGRADE NOW button to install Android 9.0 Pie Beta on OnePlus 6.
The phone will automatically reboot and upgrade the OS from the official stable version to the Android P developer preview version. Once your phone boots, it is necessary to perform a factory reset via stock recovery. To do so, simply power off the phone and then hold the Volume Down and Power button to enter recovery mode. Go to Wipe data and cache and select Erase everything.
That’s it! I hope this guide was helpful to install the latest Android 9.0 Pie Beta on OnePlus 6 [Developer Preview].