Here we are sharing the first ported Android Pie 9.0 GSI for Galaxy Note 9 (crownLTE) based on Android Pie 9.0. GSI is also known as a Generic System image. We already shared the complete list of devices supported for Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image (GSI). This guide will help you to install the Android Pie 9.0 GSI on Galaxy Note 9 (crownLTE).
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 sports a 6.4 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels. The display protection comes from the Gorilla Glass by Corning. The Galaxy Note 9 packs 2 types of chipsets. The global variant comes with Exynos 9810 Octa and Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 for USA/China variant. The device packs 128/512GB internal storage and 6/8GB of RAM.
The Galaxy Note 9 sports a Dual Camera of 12MP + 12MP Rear camera and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. The device runs on the Android 8.1 Oreo with Samsung Experience 9 and there is a 4000 mAh capacity battery powering this device.
Google recently rolled the Android 9.0 Pie. The currently supported devices are Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. Google announced the Android Pie beta preview earlier this year and includes lots of new features. Google also says that the devices that were a part of the Android P developer preview program with brands such as Sony, Samsung, Oppo, OnePlus, Essential, and more along with some Android One phones, will get the Android 9.0 Pie in the fall.
Galaxy Note 9 Supports Project Treble
Now we have a good news for Galaxy Note 9 (crownLTE) users. You can now download and install the Android Pie 9.0 GSI on Galaxy Note 9. Full Credits to the XDA Recognized Developer phhusson who is the great man behind the work of Project Treble GSI build. Recently, The ROM development community has completely boosted Custom ROM development with the help of Project treble. We’ve seen the Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, Mokee OS, Pixel Experience has made their way to support most of the budget device based on Kirin, Exynos, Lineage, and other obscure brands.
[su_note note_color=”#fefdef” text_color=”#000000″]
- List of Project Treble Supported Android Phones
- An Easy Method To Check If Your Smartphone Supports Project Treble
In this guide, you can now install the Android Pie 9.0 GSI on Galaxy Note 9 (crownLTE). You can just follow the below guide to enjoy the new Android Pie 9.0 before it’s official rollout. There is no confirmation whether the Lenovo will officially support Android Pie 9.0 on Galaxy Note 9 smartphone. Here is the list of Samsung Supported device to receive Android Pie 9.0.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install Android Pie 9.0 GSI on Galaxy Note 9 (crownLTE):
Well, you heard it correct and you are in the right place. You can now flash the Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image on Galaxy Note 9 using the project treble 8.1 vendor. Before flashing, make sure to download the pre-required drivers and ROM package.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this task
- Charge your phone to at least 50% or more.
- Make sure to use the Original USB cable
- Download all the required ROM package and files.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers and install on your PC
- You need to unlock the bootloader on Galaxy Note 9 device
- Follow the methods to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 9. [TWRP 3.2.1- 1 or Higher]
Required ROM and Gapps Package:
- Download and Flash Latest TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-1 or higher
- Download GSI Treble Firmware Files Here: Download – Download ARM64
[su_note note_color=”#fefef3″ text_color=”#000000″]You will want just the GAPPS version to download and install AOSP Android Pie. Vanilla is basically plain w/o GAPPS, and FLOSS is with Open Source alternatives to the GAPPS.[/su_note]
Instructions to Flash:
To flash the Android Pie 9.0 GSI on Galaxy Note 9, you need the latest TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-1 or higher. If you already have, then make sure to download the above-given links.
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Galaxy Note 9 Internal storage.
- You can now extract the GSI and vendor+boot zips [Complete Guide on How to extract any Zip file on Android devices.]
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Android Pie 9.0 on Galaxy Note 9.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image on Galaxy Note 9 using the project treble 8.1 vendor.