Do you want to install Android 9.0 Pie on LG Nexus 5? then, here is the complete update about the release of Android 9.0 Pie update for Nexus 5.
Google Nexus 5 (codename: hammerhead) launched in October 2013. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.4 and later upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The device has stopped receiving the official update. Talking about the specifications, Nexus 5 features a 4.95-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/32GB internal memory. The camera on the Nexus 5 comes with 8MP and 1.3MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery with Qi wireless charging.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
Table of Contents
When will Google release Android 9.0 Pie update for Nexus 5?
Google will not support Android 9.0 Pie for this device, but you can try the custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie source code. The developers are working currently to get a beta build of Android 9.0 Pie for this device. Check out the below instructions on how to try AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Nexus 5.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Watch our video to know what’s new in Android 9.0 Pie and top features on it.
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for Nexus 5?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on LG Nexus 5.
- Supported on Nexus 5.
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- Unlock The Bootloader on Nexus 5 device
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Nexus 5.
- Download the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Senior member edwaine]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package.
Instructions to Install on Nexus 5:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- You can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Nexus 5.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Nexus 5:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Nexus 5.