After Poco X2 (codenamed gram) success, Xiaomi India launched its new smartphone; Poco M2 Pro. Well, just like Poco X2, this phone is a rebranded model of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Global variant. With Poco M2 Pro, the device comes out of the box with Android 10 under MIUI 11.
On this page, we have a complete guide on how to download and install the latest AOSIP custom ROM on Poco M20 Pro based on Android 10.
To install any custom ROM on Poco M2 Pro (gram), you must unlock the bootloader and should be running on the latest TWRP or any custom recovery. If your device already running the custom recovery, then you can now install the new AOSiP ROM on your device.
Table of Contents
Poco M2 Pro Specs Overview
The handset comes with a 6.67-inches IPS LCD display that has 1080×2340 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 450 nits of brightness, HDR10 screen, and more. It has an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G SoC, paired with Adreno 618 GPU, 4GB/6GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB of internal storage option that has a dedicated microSD card slot. It runs on Android 10 on the top of MIUI 11 preloaded.
The device packs a quad rear camera setup of a 48MP (wide, f/1.8) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + a 5MP (macro, autofocus, f/2.4) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, an LED flash, etc. While the front features a 16MP (wide, f/2.5) lens that has HDR, Panorama mode. It sports a 5,000mAh battery with 33W fast charging support.
The Poco M2 Pro features a 3.5mm audio jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, Infrared Port, FM radio with recording, USB 2.0 Type-C port, USB OTG, and more. It packs a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, an ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor, etc.
What is AOSiP OS:
AOSiP OS stands for the full form of the Android Open Source illusion Project. It is a quality custom ROM based purely on Google AOSP source since the 6.0 release. Twisted with the latest features and blended with stability. We strive for perfection and it shows. Now you can experience the real Android Stock Experience with this ROM along with many new addon features.
Steps to Install AOSiP OS on Poco M2 Pro:
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- Supported: Poco M2 Pro (gram):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock the Poco M2 Pro bootloader.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need Poco M2 Pro TWRP Recovery
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
Download ROM/Gapps package
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and move the both AOSIP ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the AOSIP zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AOSIP ROM on your Poco M2 Pro.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Download Lineage OS 16 and Supported Devices
- Official Stock Android 9.0 Pie Release Time tracker
- Download Resurrection Remix based Pie and Oreo
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- OmniROM Supported device list and downloads
- Dirty Unicorns ROM Supported Devices List
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSiP OS on Poco M2 Pro. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.