Huawei Honor 7X (BND) launched in December 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. Here we will discuss the release of Android 9.0 Pie update for Honor 7X.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
Talking about the specifications, Honor 7X features a 5.93-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Honor 7X comes with Dual 16MP + 2MP and 8MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3340 mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
When will Huawei release Android 9.0 Pie update for Honor 7X?
Huawei is always keen on updating their latest device to a new OS after Google releases it. This year, Huawei will roll Android 9.0 Pie update for Honor 7X. Huawei has not yet announced the ETA (estimated time of arrival), we will keep the post updating. For all Huawei update timeline, you check out the List of Android 9 Pie Supported Huawei Devices.
Currently, there is no Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM available to try on Honor 7X. So stay tuned to get more info about the update here.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Watch our video to know what’s new in Android 9.0 Pie and top features on it.
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for Honor 7X?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Huawei Honor 7X.
- Supported by Huawei Honor 7X (BND)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Unlock The Bootloader on Huawei Honor 7X device
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Huawei Honor 7X.
- Download the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer/Contributor flex1911 and LuK1337]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
Instructions to Install on Huawei Honor 7X:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Huawei Honor 7X.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei Honor 7X:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Honor 7X.
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Huawei Honor 7X
- How to Unbrick and Restore Honor 7X USA with BND-L24 Variant
- List of Best Custom ROM for Huawei Honor 7X [Updated]
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on Huawei Honor 7X (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Huawei Honor 7X Stock Firmware Collections
- List Of Supported TWRP Recovery For Huawei Devices
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported Huawei devices
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0)