Waiting for Official Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei P20 Lite? Then you gotta wait for another couple of months. If you want to try custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie AOSP? then you are in the right place.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
Huawei P20 Lite was launched in March 2018. Huawei P20 Lite features a 5.84-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64/128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei P20 Lite comes with Dual 16 MP + 2 MP with LED flash rear camera and 16MP + 24MP front shooting camera for selfies. The handset came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo and backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 9V/2A. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
When will Huawei release Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei P20 Lite?
Huawei brand launched their latest device called Huawei P20 Lite. The Huawei P20 Lite supplies a little iPhone X design magic at a cheaper price. Huawei is always keen on updating their latest device to a new OS after Google releases it. This year, Huawei will roll Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei P20 Lite. You can check out the List of Android 9 Pie Supported Huawei Devices.
Until then, you can install the Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) on Huawei P20 Lite.
- List of Android 9 Pie Supported Huawei Devices
- List of Huawei Honor Devices Getting Android Oreo Update
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Any Huawei Smartphone [Official and Unofficial]
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Huawei Honor Devices
- Download latest Huawei USB drivers and installation guide
- Lineage OS 16 : List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.Watch The Android 9.0 Pie Features
Check out the Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei P20 Lite?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Huawei P20 Lite.
- Supported on Huawei P20 Lite
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- Your device must be bootloader unlocked.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Huawei P20 Lite. [Recommended TWRP Recovery: link here]
- Download the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Senior member DarkJoker360]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
Instructions to Install on Huawei P20 Lite:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Huawei P20 Lite.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei P20 Lite:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei P20 Lite.