LG G7 ThinQ launched on May 2018. Here we will discuss the release of Android 9.0 Pie update for LG G7 ThinQ. Do you want to install Android 9.0 Pie on LG G7 ThinQ? Here we will guide you on how to download and install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on LG G7 ThinQ (judyln). This ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie GSI with Treble Enabled. GSI stands for a Generic System image. The moniker “Generic” implies that such software images could be installed on any Treble-enabled device, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to. We already shared the complete list of devices supported for Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image (GSI).
Now we have a good news for LG G7 ThinQ (judyln) users. You can now download and install the AOSP Android Pie 9.0 GSI on LG G7 ThinQ. Full Credits to the XDA Recognized Developer phhusson who is the great man behind the work of Project Treble GSI build. Recently, The ROM development community has completely boosted Custom ROM development with the help of Project treble. We've seen the Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, Mokee OS, Pixel Experience has made their way to support most of the budget device based on Kirin, Exynos, Lineage, and other obscure brands.
To install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on LG G7 ThinQ, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery or you can flash via ADB sideload method. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Android 9.0 Pie on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let's understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie.
- 1 What's on Android 9.0 Pie?
- 2 Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update for LG G7 ThinQ
- 3 Instructions to Flash:
What's on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google's Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Features of Android 9.0 Pie:
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update for LG G7 ThinQ
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then please follow this guide below to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie update for LG G7 ThinQ.
- Supported on LG G7 ThinQ (judyln)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, the twrp wipe will not work)
- Download LG USB Drivers and Install on your PC
- You need to unlock the bootloader on LG G7 ThinQ.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on LG G7 ThinQ. [via TWRP Method]
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool [via ADB Sideload Method]
arm = 32 bit arm processor
arm64 = 64 bit arm processor
aonly = a partition scheme
ab = ab partition scheme
vanilla = there is no Gapps installed
Gapps = Gapps are installed
floss = an open source alternative to Gapps
SU = superuser (root)
noSU = no superuser (no root)
You need only the GAPPS version to download and install AOSP Android Pie. Vanilla is basically plain w/o GAPPS, and FLOSS is with Open Source alternatives to the GAPPS.
If you face bootloop then flash the Vanilla version and then you can install the OpenGapps or any other alternative Gapps.
Instructions to Flash:
To flash the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on LG G7 ThinQ (judyln), you can either use the TWRP Recovery method or you can flash via ADB Sideload method. If you already have, then make sure to download the above-given links.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- Download the GSI from Here
- Download my SecuretyOff-Vendor-image and my Permissive boot.img and this Pie Care package which will make it boot and fixes stuff like ThinQ button Download
- Unlock The Bootloader on LG G7 ThinQ device
- Flash TWRP with the command fastboot flash boot_a pathtoimg or if u are on slot b with fastboot flash boot_b pathhere
- Boot to TWRP and copy system.img vendor_securetyoff.img and the pie package and the permissive_pie.img to your sdcard
- If you are coming from stock u need to format ur data partition in TWRP
- Go to Wipe/Advanced Wipe and select system,data,cache
- Go to Install and in the right left corner is a button flash image , select the button then select the vendor_securetyoff.img and flash it to vendor-image do the same with system.img to system-image and permissive_pie.img to boot
- Goto Mount on TWRP menu and select system and vendor , then goto flash and install the G7 Pie Package zip
- Wipe data once more and enjoy
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Android 9.0 Pie on LG G7 ThinQ (judyln) based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method doesn't work, then go to the AOSP 9.0 Phh-Treble thread in XDA and report your issue.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on LG G7 ThinQ:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn't work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don't want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for LG G7 ThinQ.