Xiaomi Mi 6X (codename: wayne) launched in July 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and will soon get an upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie. Here we will discuss which are the available custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Mi 6X.
Xiaomi Mi 6X smartphone launched in April 2018. The handset features a 5.99-inch LTPS IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Xiaomi Mi 6X is powered by octa-core Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 processor and clubbed with 6/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 256GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Xiaomi Mi 6X packs a Dual 12-MP primary camera on the rear and a 20-MP front shooter for selfies. The ZenFone 5Z runs Android 8.1 Oreo and is powered by a 3010mAh.
To install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 6X, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery or you can flash via ADB sideload method if it’s a GSI build. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Android 9.0 Pie on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6X [Updated]
- Download and Update Havoc OS on Xiaomi Mi 6X
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi 6X
- How to Install AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 6X
- Update AOSPExtended Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 6X
- Download Install Bootleggers ROM 4.0 on Xiaomi Mi 6X
- Download Dirty Unicorns ROM on Xiaomi Mi 6X
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0″ controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie Update for Xiaomi Mi 6X?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6X.
- Supported on Xiaomi Mi 6X
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- Your Mi 6X must be bootloader unlocked.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6X.
- Download any Android 9.0 Pie build:
Version Crdroid OS on Mi 6X Bootleggers ROM on Mi 6X Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 6X Havoc OS on Xiaomi Mi 6X Dirty Unicorns ROM
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install on Xiaomi Mi 6X:
- To install via TWRP Recovery follow our guide on how to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 6X:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Xiaomi Mi 6X.