Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 (codename: X01BD, Model name: ZB630KL | ZB631KL) launched in December 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and will soon get an upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie. Here we will discuss which are the available custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie update for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
Talking about the specifications, Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 features a 6.3-inch full-HD+ IPS display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels. It is powered by 1.95GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 512GB via microSD card. The camera on the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 flaunts with dual rear camera with the 13-MP primary sensor and a 12-MP secondary sensor and selfies, the handset features a 5-MP camera sensor. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 5,000mAh battery.
To install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery or you can flash via ADB sideload method if it’s a GSI build. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Android 9.0 Pie on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie.
- Download Resurrection Remix on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 based 9.0 Pie [RR 7.0]
- Download and Update ArrowOS on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 with Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Google Camera for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 with HDR+/Night Sight [GCam]
- Download Lineage OS 16 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 based Android 8.1 Oreo
- Is Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Waterproof device?
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM] – ZB630KL | ZB631KL
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0″ controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie Update for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- Supported on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- Your Zenfone Max Pro M2 must be bootloader unlocked.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- Download any Android 9.0 Pie build:
Version Resurrection Remix 7.0 GSI Build ArrowOS for Zenfone Max Pro M2 Lineage OS 16
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2:
- To install via TWRP Recovery follow our guide on how to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- To install GSI build via TWRP or ADB Sideload method: How to Install Generic System Image on Project Treble Devices
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.