Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 launched in June 2017. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. If you have bought this device and want to install try AOSPExtended ROM based on Android 10 Q, then you are in the right place. Here we will guide on how you can download and install the latest version of AOSPExtended on Galaxy J7 2017 based on Android 10 Q. To install the custom ROM, you have to unlock the bootloader and install latest TWRP Recovery on it. To start with, let’s first understand What is AOSPextended.
Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 sports a 5.5 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 Octa-core Exynos 7870 Octa (14 nm). The device packs 16GB internal storage and 3GB of RAM. There is 256GB expandable memory support. The camera on this device sports a single camera 13 MP with an aperture f/1.7 and a 13 MP shooter for selfies. The Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 runs Android 7.0 Nougat and backed by a Li-Ion 3600 mAh battery. The handset has a front mounted fingerprint sensor.
What is AOSPExtended ROM
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM that provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
AOSP Extended is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
- Download and Install Galaxy J7 2017 Android 9.0 Pie Update
- How to Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Galaxy J7 2017
- Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 and J7 2017 | Android 10 Q
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 and Root
- List Of All Best Custom ROM For Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 / J7 Pro
Steps to Install AOSPExtended for Galaxy J7 2017
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
- Supported: Galaxy J7 2017
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J7 2017 [Watch Video]
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AospExtended ROM: Download Here
- Download Gapps:
Method 1: Instructions to Install via TWRP:
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the AOSPExtended zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AOSPExtended on your Galaxy J7 2017.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to flash the AOSPExtended for Galaxy J7 2017 based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method doesn’t work, then go to the AOSPExtended thread in XDA and report your issue.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSPExtended for Galaxy J7 2017. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.