Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime (on7xelte) was launched in August 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and later upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you can’t wait to try the new Android 9.0 Pie, then here you can try this custom ROM based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie for Galaxy J7 Prime known as AOSPExtended. Now you can download and install AOSPExtended for Galaxy J7 Prime.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime sports a 5.5 inches PLS TFT display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 Octa-core Exynos 7870 Octa (14 nm). The device packs 16/32GB internal storage and 3GB of RAM. There is 256GB expandable memory support. The camera on this device sports a single camera 13 MP with an aperture f/1.9 and a 8 MP shooter for selfies. The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, upgradable to 7.0 Nougat and backed by a Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery. The handset has a front mounted fingerprint sensor.
Table of Contents
What is AOSPExtended ROM
AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box.
AOSP Extended is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The focus of the ROM is not on the UI; it’s about making more features available for the smartphone with regular updates and support.
Here we have the Android 9.0 Pie supported AOSPExtended ROM. You can now download and install the latest AOSPExtended for Galaxy J7 Prime based on Android 9.0 Pie. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
- Download and Install Android 9.0 Pie update for Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
- List of Best Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime [Updated]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime based on Android 10 Q
Steps to Install AOSPExtended for Galaxy J7 Prime
To install any custom ROM, you need to follow the pre-required details.
- Supported: Galaxy J7 Prime (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Required Drivers: Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J7 Prime [Watch Video]
- Backup using TWRP: Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP
- Download AospExtended ROM: Download Here
- Download Gapps: Android 9.0 Pie Gapps || or try Open Gapps 9.0
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, Download and move the both ROM and Gapps zip file to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on the Install Button on your TWRP menu
- Look for the installation zip file in the internal storage [ROM and Gapps]
- First, install the ROM by tapping on the AOSPExtended zip file
- Now swipe to confirm the flash and that’s it! You have successfully flashed the AOSPExtended on your Galaxy J7 Prime.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button again and select the Gapps zip file
- Now confirm by swiping
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSPExtended for Galaxy J7 Prime. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.